virus protection

fic1

Reaction score
Do you think a virus protection should be on the droid x? If so which one is recommended?

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
No and None... right now it's really nothing to worry about. Any 'virus' app will just waste your phones memory or your pocket money.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Since there are no viruses on any Droid ask yourself what are they protecting you from? In regular virus protection on a computer they have a list of known viruses that the computer scans for. There are none in Droids.

It's a resource hog. I had one on my Mac which also doesn't need one and I could not believe how slow it made my Mac. And by the way, Mac if anybody would be the first non windows OS to get a virus before any phone would.

You don't need it, it will just cause your phone issues.

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
You are the AV. Be careful when installing Apps. Check the permissions before you install them. If a simple flashlight app needs access to your Phone and Messaging, somethings wrong.

Slothead

Reaction score
Do you think a virus protection should be on the droid x? If so which one is recommended?
I don't think so - yet.
Remember that the Android OS is a Unix-based OS, and very few people use Unix compared to those using Microsoft-based OSs. Thus IMHO it will probably be some time before the hackers decide to infiltrate Unix systems.