Virus Protection

EMC23

Reaction score
I have read a few posts about virus protection on the Droid. While I am fully aware of virus protection on my pc can anyone help guide me to a good virus protection app for the Droid?

Also, do we need something on the lines of a firewall for the Droid? If so any recommendations would be great.
TIA

daddyd302

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about viruses attacks on the Droid just yet. If anything, virus makers would go after the iphone first since it's more popular. Since both OS are based on linux, it's way more secure then any windows base OS. It wouldn't hurt to run a AV but I wonder how much cpu it's gonna hog up in the process.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
AFAIK the virus scanners out for Andorid only scan for known Windows viruses. Until a virus comes up for Andoird and the virus scanners are changed to look for them they are fairly useless.

Batfan.com

Reaction score
AFAIK the virus scanners out for Andorid only scan for known Windows viruses. Until a virus comes up for Andoird and the virus scanners are changed to look for them they are fairly useless.

I'd like to see a source on that information. It seems silly to protect against Windows viruses/malware on a system that runs a Linux-based OS.