virus?? my droid does whatever it wants!!

ndplumr

Reaction score
I have a droid.. its doing whatever it dam well pleases.. I did a hard restore.. and it still just types, or opens things randomly and goes crazy.. what can I do?

OP
N

ndplumr

Reaction score
did you expose it to water?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

no. It just started being a little crazy. So I shut it down and rebooted it.. then it really went crazy.

GDP

Reaction score
Is it plugged in? My droid always went crazy when I had it plugged in with a non-Motorola charger

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

nakhleh926

Reaction score

no. It just started being a little crazy. So I shut it down and rebooted it.. then it really went crazy.

unless hard restore means sbf, I suggest sbfing. if it didn't go away with a data wipe it might be a virus, id also recommend downloading lookout mobile security and researching apps(not saying you don't, but suggesting if that is the case).

OP
N

ndplumr

Reaction score

unless hard restore means sbf, I suggest sbfing. if it didn't go away with a data wipe it might be a virus, id also recommend downloading lookout mobile security and researching apps(not saying you don't, but suggesting if that is the case).

I have lookout on my phone. I have had that for quite some time. I was even able to get it to do a scan. It shows ok... but I did do a data wipe (return to factory) I even had a hard time activating it again, becuz the droid would push number keys in the activation call. I finally got it activated.. still goes nuts

nakhleh926

Reaction score

I have lookout on my phone. I have had that for quite some time. I was even able to get it to do a scan. It shows ok... but I did do a data wipe (return to factory) I even had a hard time activating it again, becuz the droid would push number keys in the activation call. I finally got it activated.. still goes nuts

it might be a hardware issue too then, are you rooted?

OP
N

ndplumr

Reaction score
I dont even know what rooted means.. sorry ?

nakhleh926

Reaction score
I dont even know what rooted means.. sorry ?

there are several guides in this forum on rooting/sbfing, if you have no other options I suggest following one of those and hopefully it will resolve your issue.

surfsnowgirl

Reaction score
My droid does the exact same thing. It opens programs, calls people, cuts and pastes things and simply twitches. Its very frustrating.

warrior21

Reaction score
If a factory reset doesn't resolve this and you aren't plugged into a non OEM charger when it is happening, call Verizon for a replacement if you have had it under a year because it is probably a hardware issue.