Virtual Steve Jobs Gets Kicked in the Face in New Optimus Pad Promo Video

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;4ycJopsVTFk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ycJopsVTFk&feature=player_embedded[/video]

A marketing promo video has turned up for the new LG Optimus Pad Video. At about the 1 minute mark, they show off a mock-up fake game that is reminiscent of "Street Fighter". In the mock-up we get to see a Steve Jobs look-alike character, wearing a Bruce Lee 'Game of Death' outfit. He then gets jump-kicked in the face by his opponent.

A part of me doesn't know if I should laugh or cringe, as the video is both funny and tasteless. I'm torn. Help me figure this one out by posting what you think in the forums after you check out the video.

Source: Phandroid

Last edited:

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
Are you kidding? I LOVE the video and the Apple jab. It's only in poor taste if you make fun of his illness. Steve Jobs is just the figurehead of Apple. That's all they were targeting. Nothing else.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
i think android manufacturers need to stop trying so hard and just push their product instead of detracting from others...

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i think android manufacturers need to stop trying so hard and just push their product instead of detracting from others...

it's not like Apple is above this.

need I mention the childish act of banning the word "Android" from their app store?

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
It's funny. A subtle tip of the cap to fan boys. Truth is it's effective because that will generate buzz for the add and the device. It's otherwise a classic commercial comparing the competition - the auto industry has done this for years and who can forget the classic Coke/Pepsi ware?

However, Jobs just might kick back by releasing the IPad2 the same day.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I personally don't have much of an issue with this. Done in poor taste?? Maybe a little. I will say this, what I have a major problem with is how we have a thread about Nokia saying they are aiming to take down Android and everyone is crying foul and now the Nokia sucks chant has begun because "how could they say something so terrible?" Yet those same people crying foul will be the first to say how awesome this ad is. Just calling it like I see it....

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have no problem with it, at all.

Think of all the apple ads with that smug doofus of a kid playing the Mac guy, and the Windows guy is this nerdy old guy that can't do anything right, etc... Of course, Apple wishes they had Windows' market share, and I interpret it to mean that Apple does everything for you, it is made for simpletons, but maybe that is just me...

How about Apple outright lying about their performance? Claiming it is the fastest PC on Earth, when it absolutely wasn't, and had to pull their ads in some countries for false advertizing?

So if Apple can dish it out, they should be able to take it IMHO...

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
In fact, I would love to see an ad with Steve Jobs playing a flute and skipping along, and a million lemmings with Apple logos on their sides following him right off of a cliff.

That would make me laugh, for the humor and the accurate metaphor... :)

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
In fact, I would love to see an ad with Steve Jobs playing a flute and skipping along, and a million lemmings with Apple logos on their sides following him right off of a cliff.

That would make me laugh, for the humor and the accurate metaphor... :)
Yep you just nailed the apple consumer base...............oh wait not at all.

sent from the great depths of my phones internet (thanks Al Gore)

DroidMastar2

Reaction score

it's not like Apple is above this.

need I mention the childish act of banning the word "Android" from their app store?

This is not childish and is not comparable to banning the word android. At least that could be considered a marketing strategy... This is just sophomoric ridiculousness and though I don't like Steve... Its unnecessary. Also, just because Apple would do it doesn't make it right... :p

Getsome122

Reaction score
I found it hilarious. And def makes me want to look into the optimus.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I mean, who cares of Apple, or anyone is offended? Last I checked the Bill of Rights, we had free speech. But we don't have a right to not be offended. LOL

So what the hell, it was funny seeing a cartoon of Jobs getting donkey-punched in the head.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I mean, who cares of Apple, or anyone is offended? Last I checked the Bill of Rights, we had free speech. But we don't have a right to not be offended. LOL

So what the hell, it was funny seeing a cartoon of Jobs getting donkey-punched in the head.

super way to live your life there, I mean not caring about how other people feel is certainly the right way to do things........

moosez3

Reaction score
I personally don't have much of an issue with this. Done in poor taste?? Maybe a little. I will say this, what I have a major problem with is how we have a thread about Nokia saying they are aiming to take down Android and everyone is crying foul and now the Nokia sucks chant has begun because "how could they say something so terrible?" Yet those same people crying foul will be the first to say how awesome this ad is. Just calling it like I see it....

exactly I think competition is good for the soul, Im always the first to cry: "let em play coach!"
I didnt even notice it was jobs at first anyways.

It was more for the Android fanboys than it was to let the world know how it is better than the iPad.

All that being said the device does look awesome! I like where LG is heading.