Virtual Keyboard

msallese31

Reaction score
Not to be a Debbie Downer or anything because i absolutely love my droid and im obsessed but does anyone else think that the virtual keyboard is really bad. By that i mean the corrections are just stupid sometimes and the occasional lag will cause the wrong wor

FoFa

Reaction score
had way more problems with my fingers, not the keyboard.
But even Swype fixed that issue pretty much.

OP
M

msallese31

Reaction score
Also i heard there was an app swype that makes the typing much better but i cant seem to find it in the market. Is it not out yet?

misaac

Reaction score
Hey Debbie! (jk)

I use the virtual landscape and like it. I don't like the auto correction though. Every time I type 'haha' it puts 'Bahamas'.... there may be a setting so it doesn't auto-correct but I haven't looked for it just yet.

OP
M

msallese31

Reaction score
That same thing happens to me. I'll end up sending bahamas to someone and theyll have no idea what im talking about

Shel

Reaction score
Do a search on these boards or using Google for Android Swype.

It isn't in the market, nor is it going to be in the market. The developer's business model is to sell Swype to OEM, so they'll sell it to phone manufacturers, NOT to individual users.

However, there is a beta version out there, which works great on the Droid (doesn't seem to work with other Android devices, except perhaps Nexus One)

Good luck... great app!

frbooker87

Reaction score
I like the virtual keyboard it corrects pretty good out of the box. Also when u save new words it'll remember how u type and it saves the new words over the old ones if that makes sense...I still use the physical keyboard more though.

OP
M

msallese31

Reaction score
Tried out swype and im not a big fan. You probly just have to get use to it which i'm not but i dont really want to have to get use to it