Virtual Keyboard Won't Open And Deletes Messages. . .

itslikecody

Reaction score
(Posted in the bugs forum, no responses so posted here.)
Whenever I'm texting, and I receive a message, when I hit the black space to bring up the keyboard, and it never does. I have to turn it sideways, and then I can open that one, and then turn it back to use the one I wanted to in the first place.
Another issue I have is that my phone clears my whole inbox out at random times. I'll open up my inbox only to see that every message is gone.
Anyone have a solution to either of these issues?

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
Theres an option in settings that deletes old messages, check that.

Just to be clear, your using the stock texting app?

As far as the keyboard goes, are you also using the stock keyboard? What other apps/mods do you have running. Its hard to get a grasp for your exact issue without knowing all the little odds and ends about the problem.

OP
I

itslikecody

Reaction score
I'm using Handcent, however when that inbox is cleared, so is the standard messaging apps inbox.
And I am using the Android keyboard.

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
When handcent clears the inbox it clears the phones text memory, so the stock messaging app, or any other app for that matter, will have their inbox cleared. Check both the stock messaging app's settings and handcent's settings to be sure that its not automatically clearing your messages.

As far as your keyboard issues go, try turning your phone off and back on, maybe that will clear up your issues. Do you have other keyboards installed that your not using? And is your phone stock or rooted?

OP
I

itslikecody

Reaction score
Phone is stock, and I have another keyboard installed, but I don't use it.

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
What is the other keyboard? If its the HTC IME keyboard port, I would suggest uninstalling it, there seem to be a lot of issues coming from it. Make sure that its unchecked, and that the defaults are cleared in: settings > apps > manage apps > the other keyboard's .apk > clear defaults.