Viewsonics 22 Inch Android ICS Tablet to Make Appearance in June

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
22tab.jpg

In case you are thinking the title of this story is a typo, think again. Viewsonic is planning on introducing a 22" Android ICS tablet at the upcoming Computex conference in June. These tablets will be a new breed of “smart business tablet monitors” and they are expected to be running both Android and Windows 8 when introduced. We think a more apt name is Moblet (Monitor Tablet) since these dimensions are reaching monitor size and Viewsonic is well known in that market. No other specs or details are available at this time but from the looks of the picture it appears that the models will have some sort of kick-stand or base to allow them to be propped up when in use.

Way too large or definitely something to keep an eye on?

Via: AndroidTablets

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Was wondering when something like this would happen. My kids would love to be able to draw on something that large. I wouldn't mind it either if I needed a computer. I however and an enthusiast and it wouldn't be enough for me, but I can see it being enough for many. Still though, touch screen on something that large.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Truthfully, if I wanted something like this, i'd simply get myself an HP Touchsmart.

6203D | HP® Official Store

Something like the above is even 3D capable.

I have so many questions about the "Moblet", it's not funny. Does it have HDMI inputs so it can act as a traditional monitor, for instance? When they say it can run Windows 8, do they mean it has a full x86 chipset, or is it ARM-based? If it is x86, is it running the relatively underpowered (for Windows) Atom chipset, or is it a real Core i-series chip? And what do they expect it to cost? This thing could be a good deal, or a rip off; depending on the specs they give it.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
That is easily going to be over 1000 dollars.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
This is really targeting a niche audience imo. I could see where it may be useful in some business environments, but even then, I don't see it being highly succesful in that market.

@Dave12308, since when is the touchsmart 3D capable(assuming you mean it as in 3DTV)? However, I think your reaching a bit in trying to compare the two devices. The tablet will be slim and lightweight since it would use flash chips for storage, and a SoC rather then a dedicated video card making it much easier to transport and would be much more comfortable to hold during a presentation for example.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
22" tablet....

I would love to see someone carrying this out n about. I see this being more useful for home automation. I could NERVER lose a remote that big. Seriously...I dont want an all touch screen remote. I need physical buttons so I can use the remote without looking.

This is really targeting a niche audience imo. I could see where it may be useful in some business environments, but even then, I don't see it being highly succesful in that market.

@Dave12308, since when is the touchsmart 3D capable(assuming you mean it as in 3DTV)? However, I think your reaching a bit in trying to compare the two devices. The tablet will be slim and lightweight since it would use flash chips for storage, and a SoC rather then a dedicated video card making it much easier to transport and would be much more comfortable to hold during a presentation for example.

Good points.

Last edited:

PhreighnQ

Reaction score
A 22" tablet could be fun to pull out on a plane to watch a movie.

swc2001

Reaction score
This will be the way of the future computer. Better step it up Gates. LOL

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is basically an AIO computer. If it runs Windows 8, then that's a plus given it could be a full fledged computer, that can also run Android. Slap a bluetooth keyboard and mouse on that puppy and you are ready to rock.

Truthfully, if I wanted something like this, i'd simply get myself an HP Touchsmart.

6203D | HP® Official Store

Something like the above is even 3D capable.

I have so many questions about the "Moblet", it's not funny. Does it have HDMI inputs so it can act as a traditional monitor, for instance? When they say it can run Windows 8, do they mean it has a full x86 chipset, or is it ARM-based? If it is x86, is it running the relatively underpowered (for Windows) Atom chipset, or is it a real Core i-series chip? And what do they expect it to cost? This thing could be a good deal, or a rip off; depending on the specs they give it.

Dave12308 you could buy yourself a Touchsmart, and get this to run android: Android mini computer selling for just $74 | Crave - CNET
Also, I'm under the impression that Android can run on any processor as long as the Kernel is configured to run on them.