Viewsonic has no idea!

Rymanh24

Reaction score
So my fiancee wants an eReader for her birthday. I said I will see what I can do.

Well I want to get her an Android powered tablet so she can use Aldiko, or Borders or whatever app she wants to read her eBooks.

So I thought the Viewsonic G Tablet would be the best bet after reading all about it on the net. Well it came with the original programming, and was prompting me for the update from viewsonic. I download the update and proceeded to update it via Clockwork Mod that comes on it.

It kept giving me a fatal error. I called them and they told me to return it, it is defective. Well after much playing around I was able to download the update via the internet, rename the update to update.zip.

AND WAH-LAH it works. I would like to thank the devs over at XDA for their information.

Viewsonic and their techs need to learn a few things from these gentlemen.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
Wow, that's pretty sad .... Not the first time we heard of that, won't be the last I guess. I wonder if some of these custom roms get more testing than the official cr*p. ?

anuraj1

Reaction score
It comes with clockworkmod recovery as its stock recovery??

Sent from my Motorola Droid

OP
R

Rymanh24

Reaction score
Yes it comes with Clockword Mod as the stock recovery! lol

Ok I have been playing with this device now with the update from Viewsonic.

For all of you hardcore techies, this may not be for you. I would still go with the Sammy Galaxy Tab.

But for us casual users, youtube, email, etc... all works great. And it moves at a good cliq to.

You can switch between their Custom Home UI which is nice and intuitive, or go to the standard android launcher which is very nice for customization.

anuraj1

Reaction score
Hahaha that's so nuts that it COMES with a custom recovery. I've been wanting a tab to mess around with. I'm not familiar with this one... is the price decent?

Sent from my Motorola Droid

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Viewsonic and their techs need to learn a few things from these gentlemen.
Every company has ignorant reps. I have yet to run across one that has reps that are universally able to resolve every problem I've presented.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score

Hopefully they got permission from the Clockword Mod team to use their work..... And hopefully said team is being compensated somehow.

anuraj1

Reaction score

Hopefully they got permission from the Clockword Mod team to use their work..... And hopefully said team is being compensated somehow.

I agree. That is extremely strange. I wonder if someone owned the product before Rymanh24 and rooted it and returned it without unrooting it.