Viewsonic Android Pad Launches before Samsung Galaxy Tab?

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
viewsonic-viewpad-sears-available.jpg

Just a week before the official Samsung Galaxy Tab launch, Viewsonic has surprised us with a release of their own. AndroidTablets.net is reporting that Sears has the Viewsonic 10.1" Nvidia Teagra 2 tablets available to order for only $379! With a price tag more then $200 lower then the Galaxy Tab, it could definitely have an impact on first day Galaxy sales. As an added plus, some Sears stores actually have the unit in stock right now... so call your local Sears store and check availability.

Compare this specs between the two units and this one might just win you over:

NVIDIA Tegra 2 Dual ARM cortex (1Ghz) Capacitive Multi-Touch/Multi Tasking panel 10.11024 X 600 TFI LCD Screen Mass Memory 16 GB Mini USB x 1; Full size USB x 1 1.3MP Front acing Webcam Earphone x 1 Micro SD card slot 2 x 1 W speaker Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n G sensor/Light sensor Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR 3500mAh/7.4V Li-polymer Battery Life 8-10 Hours Slim design (267 x 173 x 14.3mm) Wt. 820 Grams Buttons: Home/Back/Menu/Volume/Power OS / Android 2.2 Headphone Jack Built in Microphone.

Who's ready to order?! (You can jump right to the Viewsonic Viewpad forum @ AndroidTablets.net here: Viewsonic Tablets)

Source: Viewsonic 10.1" ViewPad 10 Android OS 2.2 At Sears

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Very tempting but I think I am gonna hold off to see what Black Friday, as well as pre and post BF sales have to offer.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Wow, those specs are pretty impressive for $379. Too bad its so close to the holiday season, and I'm saving for a down payment on a WRX. Plus, I have a DroidX...can't see much use for a tablet. Either way though, its an amazingly spec'd product.

wmnomore

Reaction score
Specs sound good, but usability is another. The video on this is less than impressive. Slow response, custom ui that doesn't look all that great, no flash working, and no market. darn it. sounded good at first.

mtavenger55

Reaction score
Looks pretty cool. I personally am more interested in the HP Slate tab.

OP
danDroid

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like the market is working:

[video=youtube;3dm2Kax8RQM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dm2Kax8RQM[/video]

Specs sound good, but usability is another. The video on this is less than impressive. Slow response, custom ui that doesn't look all that great, no flash working, and no market. darn it. sounded good at first.

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Looks like the market is working:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dm2Kax8RQM

I would love to see someone install a home replacement app just to see if they can get a smoother user experience (as we all know, not all home replacements are created equal, some are coded better than others)

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think the Samsung Tablet is too high. Does it have a dual core? If not this is definitely the better deal.

Tesler32

Reaction score
IDK man... I used to love viewsonic monitors back in the day. Could someone that has one of these install adw or launcherpro and post some video or details on the home performance pls

cincycats51

Reaction score
Wait, so does this thing have the Android market or not? If it does, my Sears has 1 in stock and I am going to buy this thing...

stngfreek

Reaction score
There are some guys on XDA that have already rooted, installed market, and have access to boot loader on this thing and it has only been out for a few days!!!

the biggest hangup right now is Flash, but those guys are working on getting the market signature to emulate 2.2 devices so we should be seeing real progress soon.

Another DEV has already contacted Koush on getting a recovery for this as well.

If there was one in stock within 100 miles of me I would have one right now and wait for the community to get this thing up to full tilt.