Viewing Picasa Web Albums in the Gallery Not Working

glamazon

Reaction score
I just upgraded to from the D1 to the Thunderbolt. I did not see an option foro Picasa when I synced my Google account. I can upload pix. I take on the camera, but since I cannot sync my account I can't view my Picasa web albums. I'm a mom of a 2 year old. Mama needs her Picasa!! So far other than that I am in major love with this phone. Of course I've only had it about 6 hours so far and not had too much time to play around with it yet.

zametov

Reaction score
I just had the same problem upgrading to Droid 2, and fixed it

The solution is to download a version of the old Droid 1, Gallery app.
I downloaded + Gallery by TotalMediaLaboratory from the marketplace for free, and it works great - picasa was syncing in no time. Got pictures of my 1 year old back. Hooray! Is this motorolla's fault for putting 'moto blur' interface instead of stock android?

Daethian

Reaction score
Gonna try the + Gallery too. I purposely pushed all my pics to Picasa so I wouldn't have to worry about lost photos during rooting/rom and I'm not willing to move everything to flickr.

OP
glamazon

glamazon

Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses. I installed + Gallery and Just Pictures. I really like the UI for Just Pictures but it keeps force quitting on me. I did a reboot and still get the same behavior when I'm browsing my Picasa pix. It works fine for pix on the SD card. + Gallery did not crash. I'm just so glad to have my Picasa browsing back. You never know when I'm going to have a mommy moment and need to whip out a pix of the little dude! ;-)

Daethian

Reaction score
I don't get why the default gallery doesn't even have a SHARE option? Gallery ++ is perfect so far. Thanks for the tip!

removement

Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses. I installed + Gallery and Just Pictures. I really like the UI for Just Pictures but it keeps force quitting on me. I did a reboot and still get the same behavior when I'm browsing my Picasa pix. It works fine for pix on the SD card. + Gallery did not crash. I'm just so glad to have my Picasa browsing back. You never know when I'm going to have a mommy moment and need to whip out a pix of the little dude! ;-)

Sorry to hear just pictures is not working. Did you try uninstall and reinstall? I have thousands pics in picasa and have had no issues or fc. Glad you have found a solution and good luck to you and your little dude!

mpenda

Reaction score
I must be missing something (besides my sanity). I loaded Just Pictures, and it says to Add Account to get to online accounts. So I go to settings but I can find no means to add my Picasa account. What am I missing?
Many thanks.

Sprank1

Reaction score
I must be missing something (besides my sanity). I loaded Just Pictures, and it says to Add Account to get to online accounts. So I go to settings but I can find no means to add my Picasa account. What am I missing?
Many thanks.

Don't go to "add accounts" -- press menu and choose "manage logins" and you will get a list of accounts you can sign in to. I think the add accounts is for adding other accounts that you just want to see, but not really sure. I did the same thing and then tried manage logins and it worked fine once I put my picasa login information in.

Hope that helps.

mpenda

Reaction score
I can't find "manage accounts". From the Just Pictures app? No option for that there. Not in main menu, no menu capabilities in "Settings"?

Sprank1

Reaction score
I can't find "manage accounts". From the Just Pictures app? No option for that there. Not in main menu, no menu capabilities in "Settings"?

When I am in my JustPictues App and press the menu button, I get three choices at the bottom of the screen.

Add Account
Manage Logins
Settings

You would want to choose the "Manage Logins" choice and then pick Picasa and enter your login details.

If you are not getting those three choices when you press menu, I can't figure out why. I get those choices on all the devices I have used JustPictures on.

mpenda

Reaction score
Huh. I wonder if there's more than one? I'm in "JustPictures!" by Kounch. When I hit menu, I get"
Refresh List
Show Hidden Items
Sort Options
Settings (and no, account methods here)

Sprank1

Reaction score
Huh. I wonder if there's more than one? I'm in "JustPictures!" by Kounch. When I hit menu, I get"
Refresh List
Show Hidden Items
Sort Options
Settings (and no, account methods here)

Try backing up one screen - you are already in the local pictures screen- if you back out of that screen you will be in the main screen of JustPictures and then the menu should give you the choices I mentioned.