Viewing my Web Cam from my Droid

Raydee35

Reaction score
I know to view my wireless web cam over the internet I need Active X controls in Internet explorer so when I try to connect to my cam using my Droid I get a black screen where the video should be. I am assuming that is because the Droid doesn't support Active X. Is there a program for the Droid that will fix this? I know I can view my cam from a Iphone but I don't own one and never will ;)

ArmyofJuan

Reaction score
I use IP Cam Viewer. I have Foscam cameras (that use activeX is using a browser) and it works pretty good.

OP
R

Raydee35

Reaction score
Is that a App in the market? I too have some Foscams camera's setup.

OP
R

Raydee35

Reaction score
Great App, thanks for the reply. I don't even really see the need to get the paid version when the Free one works just fine for me.

gmmurphy

Reaction score
try orb on your pc, it will serve up your web cam or ip cam,pics, tv, video and music.. create an account for free load on pc, follow simple instructions, you can choose what content to view. then call from any browser.
ip cam i use tiny dvr from market.

powrful1

Reaction score
Does the sound and ability to pan and zoom still work with this app? I am considering one of these cameras as a baby monitor. I have a job that requires me to travel a lot and I am having twins with cribs on either side of a room.

crashmw

Reaction score
I use IP Cam Viewer. I have Foscam cameras (that use activeX is using a browser) and it works pretty good.

I hope that someone might be able to help me...
We are about to have our second child, and I have converted the wife to Android -yep, the Bionic.
I just installed the Foscam in the baby room (currently have 18 m/o baby as well) and the camera works great on our PC inside the network...
I installed IP Cam Viewer on the Bionic, but cannot get it to find our camera. I tried Port Forwarding on our router (2-wire 3800) but believe that I have some issues to work through on that device.

Until that time, is there a way to connect the Bionic through our internal network via wifi to view the camera? I just cannot figure it out, and I dont believe that IP Cam View is the program for this. IF I can get this resolved, this would go a long way towards the wife embracing Android, as she keeps saying she wishes she had the iPhone back.

Of course, if someone knows how to get the 2-wire router to allow access through port forwarding (pin-holeing on the router), then we could use IP Cam view, and all would be good.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
MW

buythismobile

Reaction score
Hello,

Do you know if it's possible to watch any Foscam camera on any Android browser ?

I do not want to download any application to look at the cam.

Thank you for your help.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a foscam camera in my daughters room and use an app called tinycam monitor to monitor her. You will need to setup a host name at places like noip.com and then set that address as the host name in app setting. Also remember to port forward the ports for camera on that local network ip.
jy6u4yjy.jpg

uny9y8e6.jpg

Another way to do this without any cam viewer apps is through remote desktop to your pc. I use an app called phonemypc that can can view their webcams or run a foscam program on pc and view it on my phone...
aha3ury9.jpg

aha7uvep.jpg

uqequbud.jpg

tabahuna.jpg

Last edited: