View Notifications From Your Andorid On Your PC!

Discussion in 'Android News' started by DroidModderX, Jun 28, 2016.

1. DroidModderX

DroidModderX Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,221
    [​IMG]

It has become increasingly difficult to disconnect from other human beings with technology the way it is today. Before cell phones you would be disconnected from family, friends, and coworkers if you were out in the field during work, or at the ball game, or just at the mall. There were payphones that you might use if an emergency came up or if you had a change of plans and needed to notify someone. Now days you can be reached no matter what time it is or what day it is.

We all have that one friend that prefers text messages over phone calls. Every 10 minutes you find yourself pulling your phone out of your pocket to respond to their texts. Of course if you don't have a friend like that you may find yourself checking your phone as often with other notifications rolling in like email, weather, and social media. Stopping what you are doing to check these notifications can halt your production, and become agitating.

"Pushbullet" is an application that allows you to push notifications directly to your PC. It does much more than just allow you to view notifications from your PC. You can actually send and receive text messages, and you can also send files from your phone to your PC. How many times have you emailed photos or links to yourself so you would have them on your PC? I can see where this can be a major productivity tool as you are able to do cellphone functions without the need to actually dig for your cellphone. This could also be helpful for those of you that aren't allowed to use cellphones in the workplace. Head to the link below for the download.

via PlayStore

2. kinfolk248

kinfolk248 Active Member

Ratings:
    +138
    I know this is a sponsored post because pushbullet used to be good before the huge charges and flaky productivity. They added charges and dropped features. They got greedy too soon imo but wth do I know...

Edit - I used to love this app and recommend it butttttt...

3. FoxKat

FoxKat Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,290
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
    In defense of our news team, I know them to be more interested in bringing new, helpful or innovative apps and in most cases it's simply an app they personally find powerful, or its one they've seen others give high ratings, or they are so unique and address a specific need.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. IIGood

IIGood Silver Member

Ratings:
    +281
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy S6
    I like the idea of sending texts from the PC. I had a 1st Gen Moto X before and Motorola had the Motorola Connect app which did that. It was a Chrome browser plug-in that tied to your phone (using your Gmail for login) and you could send texts from your PC. It had issues though...sync problems, would take forever to send a simple text...Moto finally shut it down.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. kinfolk248

kinfolk248 Active Member

Ratings:
    +138
    Oh I love the news that is reported and the new look of the site (prior aesthetics were getting stale lol) and the whole 9 ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  6. IIGood

IIGood Silver Member

Ratings:
    +281
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy S6
    Oh...one other thing I didn't like about Moto Connect was that whenever a text would get sent from the PC, it would show up on the mobile device's native messaging app. Wouldn't have been too big of a deal if I were using the native app...but at the time I was using either Hangouts or Messenger for texting. The message sent from the PC plug-in would not show up in those apps on the phone.