Videos via text messaging

kcook323

Reaction score
I use Handcent and if I have any problems, I will revert back to the Droid stock messaging.....my question......

A friend sent me a video and it won't play on either messengers on my phone. It shows as a still picture, and you can see it playing (like a play or pause), but no sound. Is anyone else experiencing this. Do you think her video got messed up in delivery (I'm going to see if she can resend it), or will my phone not play video messages? Is there an extra app I need to install to see videos?

Thanks,
Kendra

OP
kcook323

kcook323

Reaction score
FYI, I guess it was a glitch on her part. I had her resend it and it came through fine.

:blush:

Reggie1269

Reaction score
FYI, I guess it was a glitch on her part. I had her resend it and it came through fine.

:blush:
I sometimes have wondered that too becuz when I had my LG Voyager phone and I got a video message it would play and then the message would show up at the end of the video or pic. Now on my Droid sometimes the message will appear first and then the video comes across as a still and it flashes real quick. So I kinda agree with u somewhat. I also use Handcnt for my text messages too.

kkluesner

Reaction score
I just read on another forum that MMS video is not supported yet... but soon to be with an update. I got a few today... and I couldnt play at all. (same results as the OP) But I had thought I had no problems a while back.... (dont get that many videos via txting) maybe a glitch.

Last edited: