Videos too large to send via MMS/SMS

nirvana32

Reaction score
Hi, first post here. how handy this site is :). anyway, question: any time i try to send a video via MMS or SMS, no matter if it's 2 seconds long or 1 minute long, it will always say video size too large or file size too large, whatever. how do i fix this? it's very annoying and seems like the designers kind of screwed up with this part. i hope i'm wrong. thanks in advance

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Welcome to the Forum.

The first thing i would do is reboot your phone and see if that changes anything. The issue could be with your carrier. Have you checked to see their size limitations?

OP
N

nirvana32

Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum.

The first thing i would do is reboot your phone and see if that changes anything. The issue could be with your carrier. Have you checked to see their size limitations?

thanks, and i have rebooted my phone more than once it did not correct the issue. no i've never checked the limitations, i was not aware there was any. however, my dad has the same carrier as i do and he sends videos from his iphone all the time.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
You may want to try another messaging app.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
there should be a setting in the app to change it to MMS friendly size, otherwise check your camera app setting. I know on my s4 that you have to manually change it otherwise it records in whatever the default is (1080p I think) is too large. Keep in mind that when you do switch to MMS video, the quality of the video goes down greatly.

momo0223

Reaction score
Hi

Hi,
There is an application,called shareon video, which is you are looking for.
You can send your video link to your friends by sms or email.
No matter how big the file is, he can stream and watch them directly!

I hope this helps.

boltonpece

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
dvhfndsdf
how do i fix this? it's very annoying and seems like the designers kind of screwed up with this part. i hope i'm wrong