Videos Prove The HTC 10 Is a Durability Beast!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

When buying a new phone you should consider it's durability. If this is going to be the phone you keep for the next couple of years you will want to know just how well it will hold up to your day to day abuse. It seems that at every device release their are a few guys bold enough to inflict damage to their devices so that the rest of the world can see how well these devices hold up to torture tests.

The HTC 10 just started shipping and already there are a few videos showing its brute strength! The HTC One M9 of last year failed the bend test miserably thanks to HTC's use of softer aluminum. This year HTC not only used harder aluminum they also added a chamfer around the entire edge of the device which absorbs bending pressure.

In the video above we see that the HTC 10 holds up to a series of bend tests and also the HTC 10 is pretty well scratch resistant especially when it comes to keys. Zack of JerryRigEverything also puts the device through a more in depth series of tests.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
It looks like not only did the harder aluminium have an effect, but the formed curves along the sides of the back cover actually make it far more rigid. Overall it's very impressive that it stood up top such extreme pressure from his hands. I would love to see an actual scientific bending test showing psi. Others have done presses top show the resistance to bending. Let's see it on this one.

OK, edit. I watched the second video after posting and he said magically what I said about the back adding strength due to the bends on the sides.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited: