Video Zoom possessed my dog

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by Shadez, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

Ok granted its night out, and I had the light on on the camcorder, the zoom feature for video is a major fail, unless I have something set wrong.

Here is a video I just shot outside to test the zoom feature... now I need to get an exorcism for my dog.... sigh

2. steveninspokane

steveninspokane Member

I am definitely going to have to go with possessed.
  3. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

There has to be a setting, why in the hell would they even have the zoom feature if that's what you get. I'm gonna play around with it a bit and see if it fixes that. Was looking forward to using this feature for nephews football games..
  4. jadesaber2

jadesaber2 Member

Isn't that what normally happens when you shine a light into a dog's (cats, too) eyes?
  5. DoctorV

DoctorV Member

The zoom on the Bionic is digital zoom and not optical zoom. Digital zoom is a joke; it's not real zoom. All it does is stretch the picture to blow it up. It's like zooming in on a picture in Photoshop. The more you zoom into the picture the more pixilated it gets. It's the same thing with digital zoom in digital cameras. Just know that there is no real optical zoom on the Bionic. I guess the only real reason I can think that the Bionic has digital zoom is because it costs almost nothing to include it and it's better than nothing. It's not like it's a feature they're touting on all of the spec sheets. Oh and to compound the issue the video was shot at night. Video and still camera's are horrible at night if a ton of lighting isn't provided by either giant lamps or a good strong flash.
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2011
  6. Sweet Kitten Feet

Sweet Kitten Feet New Member

Would you really expect optical zoom on a phone? A lens that has a motorized extension? Come on man.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
Search tags for this page

how do i zoom in on my motorola droid videos

videozoomxxxdog