VIDEO- Xiaomi RedMi2 Unboxing and Review

Discussion in 'Android News' started by DroidModderX, Jul 21, 2015.

1. DroidModderX

DroidModderX Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,239

Xiaomi is one of the most popular OEMs in the Chinese and Indian markets. They have even been able to beat out the Prolific Mega company Samsung in some markets which has caused me to take notice. These phones are in high demand and are not super easy to get. I was finally able to get my hands on one, and have put together a quick unboxing and review. This is not Xiaomi's latest and greatest flagship. It is one of their budget devices.

It is rocking a 4.7" 720p ISP LCD display with 312 pixels per inch, an 8mp camera that shoots 1080p (not the greatest quality camera but does the job), capacitive back/home/menu buttons, Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 quad core cpu clocked at 1.2Ghz, Adreno 306 GPU, 1GB of ram, 8GB of onboard storage, Quick Charge 1.0 30% charge in 30 minutes, micro sdcard slot, dual sim card slot, and more.

The main feature here is that the phone comes stock with a custom rom. The MIUI rom has been around for quite a while. I have run on it several of my phones, and really like it. It was originally themed to mimic the iOS experience and still does that in some ways. There is no app drawer, and some of the theming also resembles iOS. There is also a full theme manager where you can download and apply hundreds of themes to your device all for free. When i first booted the phone it was slow and sluggish, but there was also an update available. As soon as the update was installed things really started to speed up. I have to say of all the budget phones I have used this has to be one of the best! The phone runs about $100-$125 and for that price this phone is a bargain.

via GrearBest

2. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,034
    Current Phone Model:
    iPhone 7 Plus JB
    Great review.. Gotta love GearBest.