[VIDEO] TIP AOSP Look and Feel Plus Bloat Removal on the DROID 4

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;YkLaLrZASes]http://youtu.be/YkLaLrZASes[/video]

The Droid 4 came out just a few days ago. We already have root and a full on Root Utility for this device. Developer NitroGlycerine is currently working on a Droid 4 bootstrap to get ClockworkMod Recovery on this device! Early testers have reported that nandroid backups and restores are working. Before you know it we will have custom Roms for this device. Until then it is good to know ways to improve performance. The quickest and easiest way to instantly improve performance on any non vanilla Android device is to add an aftermarket launcher. Getting rid of the manufactures skin overlay is a really easy way to make your homescreen fly! Debloating is also pretty simple stuff, and is necessary to free up essential resources. Titanium backup provides an easy way to get rid of Bloat yet keep it in the background in case you need to add it back for an over the air update!

Be sure to bookmark the Roms section of the Droid4 forums and check it often for Rom releases!

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
When is Motorola going to figure out that they're wasting their time and money on MotoBlur. I like the mostly dark scheme of GB on my OG Droid 1 it saves battery power because white and light color backgrounds require more power thus putting black behind the menus, settings, etc is a good idea. It's easier on the eyes too. Of course Motorola had to make the menu and settings backgrounds light grey again... :rolleyes: clueless. So glad we still have some control over our Droids so we can make them look, feel, and function how WE the consumers want. Many thanks to the hackers and ROM developers.

diablo81588

Reaction score
Actually LCDs use more power with dark images. The backlight shines through the display at all times, so when you have a white picture it doesn't need to block light. Dark images have to block the light, in addition to having the backlight on, using more power. Typically plasmas and OLED displays use more power when the image is white because they emit their own light. The Droid has an LCD as far as I know.. :)

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk

aqworldthunder

Darth Droid
Reaction score
…… I can't wait to get droid 4.

-AqworldThunder ;) ^…^ ¶.¶ *.* Thank me if i helped please!