[Video] Swype - a revolution on typing

rothenbj

Reaction score
Well, I tried that for about 7 texts and deleted it. I couldn't get anything to type. There must be some secret. Done with that one, but you droids go on swyping.

by the way, why would it save or learn your passwords, credit card numbers and other info?

Did you do the tutorial? It's very easy to use once you get used to it. I'm using it now to type this.

Just now discovered I don't need to use the spacebar! Sweet app.

How do you avoid the spacebar. I'm 62 and this is by far the best keyboard I have ever, ever tried. I spent over 30 years in IT. I love this thing, but how do you avoid the spacebar?

never mind, it was to obvious.

Last edited:

rothenbj

Reaction score
Looking for the online tutorial, I'm sure it was posted, but there are 14 pages. Any help?

TekHawk

Reaction score
Does anyone know if this will support the Droid Eris at some point last night i spent like an hour talking someone through installing it on thier Eris over GTalk to find out that it doesnt fix the screen was the message they got and they HATE the onscreen keyboard just as much as me so Swype would be perfect for them :(

TekHawk

Reaction score
yea this one only supports wvga just there is no info really out there as to if they are planning to only support it or support all android screen sizes

and does anyone know when the release is planned for or is that still not out?

rothenbj

Reaction score
Looking for the online tutorial, I'm sure it was posted, but there are 14 pages. Any help?

The tutorial is built-in to the app. Hold down the lower left corner key.

Thanks. Went through the tutorial to get the things that weren't easy to figure out intuitively, like caps and punctuation.

Anyone find a bug yet. I believe I did. I had the same problem with talk to me keyboard, but I think they have that worked out. After you use it for awhile. The text won't appear in the text box. If you back out of the keypad, it shows up in the text box. However, going back into the keypad, again you don't see what you typed.

The only way I could get out was to leave the app, kill it, and return. Then everything was fine.

Love the app. My favorite since getting the droid Nov 6th. Oops, it was the 9th, ordered it online thinking it wouldn't be in the stores.