Video Streaming Site

kinderadam

Reaction score
I have converted many movies for playback on my droid but have run out of memory... is there any way that i can stream them over 3G to my droid. My computer is a MacBook Pro and I am using snow leopard.

yangguo24

Reaction score
Last edited:
D

dvdcatalyst

I have converted many movies for playback on my droid but have run out of memory... is there any way that i can stream them over 3G to my droid. My computer is a MacBook Pro and I am using snow leopard.

The streaming will work if you set up some form of web server (apache) on your mac

Try the mp4 links here:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-audio-video/15161-droid-optimized-movie-trailers.html

You have to make sure that the "faststart" quicktime atom is enabled though (probably need quicktime pro for that, I have no idea for trick on a MAC to enable it)

The problem you will run into is that if you stream from home, your internet connections UPLOAD speed is the limit. Eventhough you might have a 100Mbps connection, your upload speed is usually significantly lower, so you will have to adjust the quality settings of your video files to match.

I have a 3mbit internet connection, but my upload speed is only 768kbps. this 768 is directly tied to the file quality. if I create video files of 600kbps video and 128kbps audio (total 728kbps) I have a little bandwidth to spare for connection inconsistencies. If I would stream a 1000kbps / 128kbps video file (1128kbps) the movie would be buffering for about 1/3rd of its entire duration, making a 2 hour movie almost 3 hours.