Video stopped working

Dcstevenson

Reaction score
Hello all, I hope you can help me. I have a droid that is running android 2.2 unrooted. Lately I've noticed that my phone won't play any of the videos on my phone. I can't watch any youtube videos or any video that's for mobile phones. I can watch flash videos online but that is it. I have no clue where to start so I decided to ask for some help because this is becoming really annoying. I'm running open home with too many apps to list. I've thought about going through and deleting each app to see if one of them is the problem but that would take forever. I hope it doesn't come to that. Any help would be much appreciated.

enyalius

Reaction score
Do you notice this happening both over WiFi and 3G, or just over 3G?

Last edited:

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had trouble with my videos when I had Cyanogen installed. Currently, I'm running Sapphire 8.4 and have no issues with making or viewing videos.

I do not recall seeing any settings to determine file extension but the new OTA may have changed the extension. Mount your phone and verify the extensions have not been modified.

Mike

OP
D

Dcstevenson

Reaction score
It isn't just the videos I watch online. All the videos I've recorded I can't watch now. I've updated my phone awhile ago and I've been watching videos on it since I've updated it. For some reason the other day it just stopped playing anything besides flash videos.