Video Shows Off New Galaxy S4 Gamepad Accessory in Action Doing More Than Advertised

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Mar 18, 2013.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

For our members who were excited about the new gamepad accessory for the Galaxy S IV, we have a treat for you. A video has just cropped up on the web regarding this unique accessory for the SGS4. The video sheds new light on the functionality of this new device and it looks even more intriguing than before. Apparently it isn't just a dock. Here's a quote with the details,

As you can see from the video, this device is reminiscent of NVIDIA's new Project Shield and although is not quite as functional as that product, could give it a run for its money due to aggressive price differences. It's really exciting to see just how far Samsung is taking this Galaxy branding. The mobile world is evolving so rapidly, it will be hard to predict what the next "Next Big Thing" will be able to do.

Also, for our folks who want to get the full skinny on everything the new Galaxy S4 is capable of, please remember to check out our dedicated thread on the subject over at Droidforums.net. Here's a link: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sa...d-know-about-samsung-galaxy-s4-now-least.html
    1 person likes this.
  2. wicked

wicked DF Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

So who's interested in getting the game pad? I might... just might. ;)
  3. liftedplane

liftedplane Well-Known Member

only if the make a universal version that can dock the note 2 or sgs3 AND works as an external battery
    1 person likes this.
  4. johnomaz

johnomaz Well-Known Member

That looks like it wasn't using any batter other than its own. I however want this for my S3. I'm sure there will be a way to do it with ROMs and what not, but I'll wait to buy for my S3 when I see that happen.
  5. liftedplane

liftedplane Well-Known Member

I'm talking about the docking feature the blue tooth works regardless.

Yes it had it's own battery in talking about being and to plug it into your phone to charge your phone while it's connected to it. It would be a game pad dock charger all in one

---
    I hate jelly beans, Google's jellybean is alright though.

Sent from my sickeningly sweet Galaxy Note II
  6. SILVER COUPE

SILVER COUPE Member

looks promising, im due for an upgrade in june and definately would like either an S4, Note2 or Note3 as well as this game pad.
  7. Sydman

Sydman Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

I don't know if I am that impressed. I was doing the same thing back in 2010 with my Droid X and a WII controller. I think this is a neat idea, but I bet we might find it loses it cool factor pretty quick and ends up in a drawer somewhere.

Will be interesting to see where it goes from here though.