[VIDEO] Samsung Embarasses its Galaxy Gear

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
[video=youtube;T8nJKWJTsUg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=T8nJKWJTsUg[/video]​

Samsung usually kicks out some pretty decent commercials that make their products interesting, but their latest featuring the Galaxy Gear is just downright.....well, weird and creepy. If the acting is going to be bad you at least need to make the commercial somewhat appealing and not have your audience in their heads thinking; "what the heck is going on here?" In this commercial you'll meet Jack, the attractive Aimee, and some other poor guy on a ski lift ready to hit the mountain on their snowboards. Simple enough right? Well, it all goes down hill as soon as Jack picks up a call with his Galaxy Gear watch. Not only does this commercial make Jack look a stalker, he comes across as weirdly obsessive over his Galaxy Gear. We get that it's cool and all, but for the love of everything sacred Samsung you need to scrap this horrendous commercial, make sure it never hits the airwaves and go back to the drawing board.

I'd love to hear everyones comments on this one, because this one had me doing a double face palm. Share your thoughts.......

Macktion

DF News Team
Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You know,
this has nothing but good ideas... but BAD implementation!

Every time they showcased function, it was a great idea, but COME ON! you cant just bend down and grab that phone? Only if the coefficient of friction was zero would you have trouble finding the phone in the circumstance. Its either half an inch from your feet, or that buffoon dancing to the YMCA has crunched your screen.

And as for the acting, I am inclined to think that they are Famous in some part of the world. Probably Famous athletes, so, well, that stinks.

Change the setting, but keep all of the ideas, and it could be a good commercial.

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Haha, yeah that is very strange. Nothing beats the old Droid commercials!

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
That was just corny... OMG so corny.

Why do they keep pushing watches as some kind of primary device? A smartwatch is nothing more than a supplement to your phone that gets used in a few specific situations. They should pass them off as a luxury augment or secondary screen to your phone, not as this missing component that you NEED to complete the "mobile experience" (or whatever marketing line they're trying to sell).

And as long as they try to sell them as such they will continue to have disenchanted first adopters, which will lead straight into poor reviews and poor sales.

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
I think they want you to believe that owning a Galaxy Gear will make girls just hand out their number to you.

This commercial would have been over in about 20 seconds if she just said "No" after "Give me your number".

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Hmm, this may just replace my old way of getting chicks! :p

3480cp0.jpg

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Yeah, that was really creepy. So shallow they make her seem.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
It probably seemed like a good idea at the time, but wow does it ever make Jack out to a stocker.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

xtor

Reaction score
8th Infantry division

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131224_172256.png
    ForumRunner_20131224_172256.png
    480.9 KB · Views: 174

Rhino94

Reaction score
It looks like a very under budgeted commercial that looks too corny for anyone to care.

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
I thought is was ok it showed off the functions of the watch yeah a little corny but do you expect for something that looked like it was made for youtube. I liked it

Sent From My SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 3