Video recording issue ...

pbdroid

Reaction score
I went to a concert this past weekend excited to get some sweet video footage of the event. Using my Droid, with the DroidMod ROM at 800 OC I was quickly disappointed when my Droid kept freezing and eventually rebooting. I couldn't get through a full song without it stopping and rebooting. I thought I was going to have to pull the battery in the middle of a mob. :)

The few video shots I did manage to get have very crackly sound. I wondered afterwards if I'd have turned off the sound, might I have had better luck. Can the device get mediao input overload?

I upgraded my ROM the AdamZ Smoked Glass 5.0.1 last night. I see this has a video upgrade hack in it.

Any thoughts or similar experiences on this subject?

jakenovak

Reaction score
The few video shots I did manage to get have very crackly sound. I wondered afterwards if I'd have turned off the sound, might I have had better luck. Can the device get mediao input overload?

The Droid is made with higher quality parts than most phones or smartphones, but remember the fact that its primary function isn't video/audio recording for high quality purposes. The microphone is your limiting factor here... it's just not that high of quality.