VIDEO- Reboot Your Device CRAZY FAST With FReboot For ROOT Users!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;WEmV5sqNpQY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEmV5sqNpQY&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Here is some crazy inovation. The title describes this app perfectly. FReboot enables you to reboot your device without having to fully turn the phone on and off. It shuts down all processes and reboots the OS in less than a second! This is great for those of you who apply themes on a regular basis. Some themes and apps require a reboot of the phone to work properly. This does require root. Check out my demo in the video above to see just how fast this works.

Via Play Store

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I used to use an app called hot reboot. I can't seem to find it anymore so I'll give this a try. Is it an actual reboot or does it only reload specific things to simulate a reboot?

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I used to use an app called hot reboot. I can't seem to find it anymore so I'll give this a try. Is it an actual reboot or does it only reload specific things to simulate a reboot?

it does not turn your phone completely on and off. It just shuts down all processes including the OS and restarts the OS.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is that...safe?

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk 2!

Created by someone who has many years experience hacking and modding Linux. I'd say you are safe. I use it 3 and 4 times a day.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
So this is essentially a hot reboot (which is an actual Linux procedure), where you kill the GUI, init to single user mode, and restart your services again.

I'd like to know what's the pros and cons to using a hot reboot, instead of a native restart personally.

Gremlin

Reaction score
It is basic easy way of freeing up your ram by killing your processes and it boots up quick instead of rebooting the phone all the way through. There is no harm in doing it

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
does not reboot hardware, only software. will not fix camera, signal or gps issues.

Valvoline

Reaction score
Yeah, this does not work for meet. I have an s3 CM10.1 M2 which has a glitch where the hard button automatically double taps which is fixed by a reboot. I was hoping this would be my solution. It isn't. It didn't even close current apps running. Gotta go reboot now...