Video players

droidworld

Reaction score
Are there any apps that will play avi and mkv files on the bionic. Downloaded a couple files not sure if its my player or the files thats not working correctly. Thanks in advance

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

jayman350

Reaction score
you should check out moboplayer, it supports a ton of different formats and if it cannot play it directly there are options for software decoding

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
There is also MX Video Player and RockPlayer.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
You can also download freemakes video converter (free) and convert the files.

Works great with multi language mkvs.

Batman8

Reaction score
I also use and LOVE Rockplayer!!! It has played every type of video format (in full screen mode as well) that I have thrown at it with no problems. It's the best movie player that I've seen on Android so far.

I also like Act1, but it plays less file formats than Rockplayer so it is not as good IMHO.

lykofos

Reaction score
I use MX Player (actually bought the pro version) after literally trying all the other major video players in the market. I was trying to play an .mkv with AC3 audio and MX Player was the only one that was able to play it wihout audio sync issues.

With some of the video types not commonly used by the majority of people (like .mkv), you have to mess around with the MX Player hardware/software decoding settings of the audio/video to see what combination works best for that particular file, but i've always got it to play fine.

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
I use MX Player (actually bought the pro version) after literally trying all the other major video players in the market. I was trying to play an .mkv with AC3 audio and MX Player was the only one that was able to play it wihout audio sync issues.

With some of the video types not commonly used by the majority of people (like .mkv), you have to mess around with the MX Player hardware/software decoding settings of the audio/video to see what combination works best for that particular file, but i've always got it to play fine.

This.
Tried everything, MX worked the best for all my videos.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I also like Act1, but it plays less file formats than Rockplayer so it is not as good IMHO.

Yeah, I started using Act 1 with my OG Droid and it's been very dependable, but more limited as to the formats. The OP wanted one that could be used with several formats so I couldn't recommend it on that fact.

I've just tried MX Player (found it when looking for other players to post on this thread) and am happy with it. In fact I also got the pro version.

OP
D

droidworld

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Ive tried mx player on my last phone which was a thunderbolt. I thought it worked pretty well. Just having a tough time getting movies to play on the bionic. im thinking that I had bad movie files. Ill try the ones you guys suggested

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
+1 on the MX Video player... i tried a bunch of them too and the MX works best on my bionic... just recieved updates for phones with dual core and seems to work smoother with less battery drain... good support from the Dev

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
MX video player is the best i have found, been using it for awhile now. Difference in picture from stock player is noticeable.

Sent from my Rooted ICS'd VTAB1008 using DroidForums