Video playback: Audio good, video is black screen

kiteless

Reaction score
I couldn't find anything on this site touching on this topic. Another site mentioned a codec problem, but offered no fix. Does anyone know how to fix when an h264 video is played and has perfect audio, but no video display?

D

dvdcatalyst

I couldn't find anything on this site touching on this topic.

Search for "no video"

Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum - Search Results

Another site mentioned a codec problem, but offered no fix. Does anyone know how to fix when an h264 video is played and has perfect audio, but no video display?

Use different settings in your converter (you did not mention which one you are using, but I am guessing Handbrake) or use a different conversion tool.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Another site mentioned a codec problem, but offered no fix. Does anyone know how to fix when an h264 video is played and has perfect audio, but no video display?
There's not really a universal fix for this type of issue. With codec issues you typically have to change settings or try another supported codec if changing the settings doesn't help.

OP
kiteless

kiteless

Reaction score
I actually have not converted the video files myself (and I am not rooted or anything like that). Looks like it's manditory that I convert them myself. I'll look up a conversion thread and give that a go.