video output cable ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyDepth

Reaction score
gotcha.

seems like a big hassle to buy and carry around 2 different cables. my search continues...

haha, I don't think you got me!

Look:
41N-m43WT0L._SS400_.jpg

This is the cable, it just changes the cable provided by HTC to fit your Droid...
However this isn't the issue...

IF Motorola didn't design a protocol to allow video/audio streaming via the USB connection it wouldn't matter at all if HTC made a micro usb video output cable, ya dig?

OP
peterjariel

peterjariel

Reaction score
There's this guys in the android forum that r hacking in to the droid and even making some kind of hardware to get the video output working so there's hope! Ill keep posting if I find any more info.

m21knight

Reaction score
I've found a lot of info on the video out thing there's a few videos u can watch on u youtube but its only the htc touch here's the site where I found the cable. As of right now there is no luck on the droidworking as a video output. HTC Touch Pro TV Out Cable ACT100 - Original (OEM)

Did you take a good look at that cable?
There's zero colour separation....meaning it will look like crap unless you're
the only person without an HDTV?

There is nothing out there that will allow you to view HD content output to an HDTV...
We would need an HDMI output. While there is a phone coming that will have HDMI...Our Moto Droid is.....essentially Void.

It would have been possible for the headphone jack to incorporate component HD video output as well as audio IF they
have had the foresight to have done this for us....My DXG 1080p camcorder has this and videos come out perfect on an HDTV...

Listen folks, can we please do a little research before pretending that we are an expert on the topic at hand? This is a perfect example of what I am talking about. There is essentially no difference from a hardware perspective of the capibilities of the micro USB and the headphone connector...the only difference is that the USB has 4 standard functional leads, +5 volts, Ground, Transmit (Tx) and Recieve (Rx). The audio jack to my knowledge only provides; Ground, Audio L and R, Microphone (4 connectors as well).

The question that really needs to be answered is; does the native hardware platform support exporting display data? As for HDMI, in my opinion I don't see HDMI support being widely implimented in Google sponsered devices. DRM is a significant drawback to the technology and Google has already expressed its support for eliminating DRM from our hardware platforms.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
There has to be some way you would think this would be a common enough thing that droid does would have it, i mean iphone has it and so does digital camera's, could you give me the link to the htc cable?
Your reasoning makes no sense. The devices you mentioned are designed with video out. The Droid's tech specs do not list video out among its capabilities. Why would you assume that it can? A cable isn't going to make a device that can't output video suddenly output video.
DROID by Motorola - Android phone - Motorola USA

JohnnyDepth

Reaction score
Listen folks, can we please do a little research before pretending that we are an expert on the topic at hand? This is a perfect example of what I am talking about. There is essentially no difference from a hardware perspective of the capibilities of the micro USB and the headphone connector...the only difference is that the USB has 4 standard functional leads, +5 volts, Ground, Transmit (Tx) and Recieve (Rx). The audio jack to my knowledge only provides; Ground, Audio L and R, Microphone (4 connectors as well).

The question that really needs to be answered is; does the native hardware platform support exporting display data? As for HDMI, in my opinion I don't see HDMI support being widely implimented in Google sponsered devices. DRM is a significant drawback to the technology and Google has already expressed its support for eliminating DRM from our hardware platforms.

Do a little research, huh? K.

Research what exactly?

As it is (Currently, aka: right now aka, up to this moment)
There is NO video output for the Motorola Droid.

Obviously when and if it comes out is up to developers and only IF:
-the hardware supports it -and/or-
-IF a developer writes code to take advantage of this exploit if feasible.

Now, I do not know if you bothered to read all posts, or just pick and choose to read certain parts of them...

To recap:
The OP (PeterJariel) wants to output video from the Droid...
It was mentioned that HTC makes a video cable....
This cable (posted here) supports HTC devices....NOT the Droid. (still with me?)

Members and I were merely having a discussion about the what if's...namely:
a member asked a question concerning the HTC cable and if it would work with
the Motorola Droid....

I said even if you could connect the video output cable to the Droid
(via the mini to micro adapter made by motorola)

as it is (aka right now, meaning up to this point...in other words currently)

THERE is no way to output video, even with this cable.
In closing this thread was fun and speculative...
but your arrogance and "know it all attitude has " killed this thread for me
I'm out...

BTW: Can I make a suggestion to you as well?
Perhaps find you a dictionary?

OP
peterjariel

peterjariel

Reaction score
This guy is fool of it. saying to stop the know it all attitude. bi*** u think u know it all!! Don't worry it will get done.

JohnnyDepth

Reaction score
This guy is fool of it. saying to stop the know it all attitude. bi*** u think u know it all!! Don't worry it will get done.

Er what? The reason for joining this forum was because
-I just recently got a Droid
-obviously I don't know it all....which is evident by my presence being HERE!!!!

I'm here to learn plain and simple.
I think your reading comprehension needs some help...
In my previous post (the one where you called me a *****, no less)

I defended you, haha!!!!!!
This is too funny.

What are you even talking about?
There is no way (currently) to output video from our Droid....
It could easily change when and if this is developed And/Or
Our Hardware is capable of doing so.

What is so hard to grasp?

EDIT: after reading your sig (after the fact) I now realise the hostility....you have.
Good job!

OP
peterjariel

peterjariel

Reaction score
What ever man just forget it its not even that seriouse any more. Its in the process of being done that's all I care about. U can believe it or not.

JohnnyDepth

Reaction score
What ever man just forget it its not even that seriouse any more. Its in the process of being done that's all I care about. U can believe it or not.

Dude, relax....no one ever said anything about believing in anything!

You said developers are working on something, and that is great.
As of now, there is nothing out there...

Just take it easy with the name calling...this forum isn't like other forums and
I'd like to keep it that way....clean.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone.........I see this thread is going nowhere fast......This thread is :closed_2:

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow mam u don't know what the dif. Is in videos and movies . U can make videos with ur phone. How bout movies?
Be civil. Yes, you can make video's from your phone. The O.P. wants to be able to watch movies that are on their phone or video's they created to be able to watch them on the TV.

JUst and FYI..I would try Twonky it's in the market. It turns your Droid into a full blown media server. It can even be seen in the menus of such devices and the XBOX360 and PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.