Video out

kkesterson

Reaction score
why doesn't it work for me?

using the HTC wall charger
this adapter
this HDMI cable

some random compatibility issue? it does not recognize the HDMI in the status bar. I am guessing it is because of the non official HTC MHL adapter but hope to be wrong. :angry:

flyboy472

Reaction score
why doesn't it work for me?

using the HTC wall charger
this adapter
this HDMI cable

some random compatibility issue? it does not recognize the HDMI in the status bar. I am guessing it is because of the non official HTC MHL adapter but hope to be wrong. :angry:

I have this same adapter and can't get it to work either. I'm tempted to buy the Amazon one in the second post...not a bad price.

HowardZ

Reaction score
I forgot to mention, I use the free MX player with MX Codec ARMv7 to play movies.

you should be happy with that Amazon product as it has good Amazon reviews. some mhl products have poor reviews on amazon.

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
+1 for Monoprice! Been using them for years for ALL my cabling needs and i'm a bit OCD in regards to specs and real world results. I am a recovering Monster Cable addict and have spent enough with MC through the years that would have covered my lifetime budget with monoprice lol.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
kkesterson

kkesterson

Reaction score
that Amazon Cable works! It's really short though, so you'll need your HTC AC near your TV.

Now I get to sell all the other crap I bought trying to get it to work :angry:

HowardZ

Reaction score
Glad that 6 ft cable matters mhl worked well for you.

I use the 6ft media bridge micro USB cable to power the mhl.

I got both from Amazon.
It helps to check the ratings.

I'm not sure its worth trying to return the mhl you purchased from eBay. Years ago I had bad experiences on eBay and cancelled my eBay and PayPal accounts. I use Amazon with a better good-satisfaction rate.

regards,

Howard

p.s. I usually put the rezound into airplane mode before watching movies with MX player because the battery temp goes up over 110 degrees f.. this gets me nervous, but might be allright. I love watching shows from rezound to my large HDTV.

Last edited:
OP
kkesterson

kkesterson

Reaction score
no I won't try to return the other cables I bought, I'll just resell them myself. A little bit of a loss $$$ probably but beats the hassle of going through returns.

marioval

Reaction score
I got mine fome Ebay for $6.60 (post # 3) and it works! It flaked out on me once where the sound suddenly started coming out of the phone instead of the TV but other that it works fine.

Also I concur with HowardZ, the phone gets super hot. I was using my phone to stream a 480p DivX file from my PC using Qloud via Wifi in my home network. It worked amazingly good subtitles and all but about 30 minutes in, it got so hot that I got scared and stopped the movie to let the phone cool down. I didn't check the temperature but it was probably to the point where I was going to get the overheating warning soon.

In reality I will probably rarely if ever use this adapter bit it is cool to have. I actually use FolderSync to automatically upload all photos and videos on my phone to my 4shared cloud account which then gets automatically downloaded to my PC then I can watch them on my TV using my PS3. Again it is a cool toy to have though and for less than $7 why not get one.