Video of the Moto X From March Resurfaces; Previous Leakers in Vietnam Had it Right

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;GMjvezAPS40]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=GMjvezAPS40[/video]​

Way back in march of this year, the above video leaked online that was supposedly of the Moto X phone. At the time, it was easy to be skeptical of the video, especially since not too many pics had leaked out of the Moto X just yet. Also, the video uses some image stabilization techniques which make it look a bit "fake" to casual observers.

For some reason, this video resurfaced again on the web today. While some websites have erroneously reported this as a new video, we still thought it worth sharing again. It's definitely validation that the folks who leaked this video actually had the real thing in hand. Unless you speak Vietnamese you will probably have a problem understanding the video, but it's interesting to retrospectively peek at the original leak through the lenses of current knowledge.

Source: MotoXForums.com

jspradling7

Reaction score
Are the volume buttons on the left side? It's hard for me to tell.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nope. They are on the right side.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
That video stabilization made me feel dizzy. it wasnt shaky even though it should have been....

Here the translation i guess

0:03Hello everyone. I am holding a very strange-looking Motorola phone
0:08And when I received a tip about a new beautiful looking Motorola phone, my first though was about the X-Phone.
0:17X-Phone is the rumored next generation of the Nexus 4 with better specifications and a better camera
0:28However, when I got a hand on this phone, I immediately realized that this was not the rumored X-Phone but just a regular Motorola phone
0:37The biggest impression of this Motorola phone is its super thin bezel - it feels bezel-less. As Tai (another guy) says, the display touches the phone's border.
0:52Now I will launch Chrome. As you can see, the edge of the screen and the border of the phone is so close. The thinnest bezel I've ever seen.
1:08And the result is a phone with a 4.65 to 4.7 inch screen, but with the size similar to that of an iPhone 5, with a screen of only 4 inch.
1:25The two phone's sizes are similar. When you hold the phone in the hand, you feel very comfortable but with a very large screen.
1:34I'm not certain of the screen technology but my guess is a Super-AMOLED or an OLED screen, judging with my eyes. The resolution is 720p with a 2GB RAM
1:48The processor is a dual core with the speed of 1.7GHz through some hardware information apps.
1:59You can see three basic on-screen soft buttons, similar to the Nexus Line or Sony Xperia.
2:08At the top we have the speaker as well as the camera and the logo of Motorola.
2:17On the left we can see the sim-slot, similar to that of the iPhone.
2:33On the right hand, we can see the power and lock button. However, there's no volume control button on either side.
2:44At the bottom there's is a micro-USB port.
2:47At the top there is a headphone jack 3.5mm and the noise cancellation microphone.
2:52The back of the phone is slightly curved, so it feels very comfortable to hold. The whole back is in touch with the hand, making it easy to hold
3:03We can see a big camera lens here, with the flash right below and the Motorola logo beautifully crafted.
3:11There are many tiny little holes next to the camera. There are some similar designs in previous phones such as Lumia 920, 900, or N9 and HTC One X, One X+
3:27...the phones that use polycarbonate unibody. The Morotola's approach is not as beautiful or well-crafted as in the other phones.
3:37Also it's a unibody design, this phone feels sturdy in hand, especially compared to other non-unibody designs.

http://www.androidcentral.com/another-moto-x-video-appears-offers-four-minutes-clear-footage

Its from a comment