Video of STABLE 2.1 running on Droid

phreakaj

Reaction score
Do I need to block the ota updates since I have my droid rooted, then add 2.1 with root when it becomes available?

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
FYI, this is a better video of the one originally posted on Engadget.

It is a "retake" by the same person (BrandonScott) and shows more features. Watch for the new "Multimedia dock clock" , now called Desk Clock, at about 3:15 in. Much improved!

[video=youtube;VFTXCs56Iv8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFTXCs56Iv8&feature=player_embedded[/video]

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
After seeing the gallery I am even more excited to get this!

Meet too holy crap it looks sooo much better than the current one. I'm wondering if Home replacement apps will support the "homescreen card view" as I still would like to use my home replacement but have functionality of the stock.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I don't see why 2.1 wouldn't be the next OTA update. It really should be the next step for Droid owners, if not I'm sure it will be similar. I would flash to 2.1, but I see nothing wrong with my Droid. I love the OS and how smooth it is already. It'd be nice to have 2.1 for the next OTA update, but if not, I'm sure it'll still make the phone better.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't see why 2.1 wouldn't be the next OTA update. It really should be the next step for Droid owners, if not I'm sure it will be similar. I would flash to 2.1, but I see nothing wrong with my Droid. I love the OS and how smooth it is already. It'd be nice to have 2.1 for the next OTA update, but if not, I'm sure it'll still make the phone better.

I agree I think I'll end up waiting. I can't help but want to root though. Just for the sake of learning more about the root and the rooting process.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

I agree I think I'll end up waiting. I can't help but want to root though. Just for the sake of learning more about the root and the rooting process.

I agree that rooting does have it's advantages, but to me at least, with such a new device that's going to keep receiving updates it doesn't really seem worth it. I'm sure many of you disagree, but this device works better than I expected. Rooting it always runs the risk of bricking it, and I'm not about to take that chance with this phone. Yes I know it is considered safe and can always be brought back to it's OEM state, but it only takes one screwup to brick the phone, which i'm not willing to risk.

The only phone I've ever flashed was my Tilt, which of course ran WinMo. Lag was a huge issue with that phone which is why I flashed it, but I didn't flash it until about 1.5years of owning it.

Laurence5905

Reaction score
Same here -- I would love to know more about the Droid, and I think that rooting it might be a good way to gain that sort of experience. But I'm just so reluctant to change something that's been getting regular updates from the manufacturer; plus the risk of bricking it is always in the back of my mind...

But I'm definitely looking forward to this 2.1 update! Seems like it's going to make many of the multimedia features of the phone better.