Video of Froyo on Moto Droid

Discussion in 'Android News' started by hookbill, Jun 2, 2010.

1. mth04

mth04 Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0

FROYO is the code name for the build. It is 2.2

2. mth04

Ratings:
    +0
    Nothing much yet! I see the video like you (maybe a small test too :)) Though I have not confirmed its completely out. Though if I was betting VZW will not have it built in. that is just my thought

3. HarshReality

HarshReality Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I looked at both videos and the GUI is handling completely different in both.. one its 'bouncing' and the other its straight forward so the real question is.. Is it a ROM, Prospect Release or just a person who has access to the unreleased source code. Ive seen alot from p3 around the web so Im not questioning them/him but being honest.. it looks like a hype builder...

Not being a buzzkill just my 2 cents

4. HarshReality

HarshReality Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Scratch.. Miami answered earlier.. its a 1/2 baked build of bits and pieces

clearly to build hype

5. chris420o

chris420o Member

Ratings:
    +1

where you get this from?

6. akstyle450

akstyle450 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    omg want soooo badly *o*
    also i find the extra swipe usefull, as because some people have issues with people pressing random things in their pocket, so they could easly enter several wrong passwords and lock their phone xD

7. Googleaddict

Googleaddict Member

Ratings:
    +0
    With the video including apps2sd and tethering, at the begging he's on the home screen. There is a 3d launcher without the phone and broswer button. I'm hoping that this isn't just a launcher from the market and the real thing :D

8. Tanknspank

Tanknspank Beta Team Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Where is CK?

I want him to eat his cereal... I mean words now! :p

9. nagmier

nagmier Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm still waiting on that built from source rom... OTA will take a while yet and I'll bet it wont have all the wonderful features...

I'm patient I'm just glad to see we are seeing more and more.. just means we will all be happy sooner or later OTA and non alike...

10. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Really? What's your source on when this will be released? Do you have one or are you simply basing your statement on what you saw with 2.1?

11. nagmier

nagmier Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh sorry I didn't mean that to come of that way, yes its just based on 2.1, I really didn't mean it to sound matter of factly... I apologize

12. xsylus

xsylus Active Member

Ratings:
    +38
    Current Phone Model:
    Sony Xperia Z3
    Does anyone have an idea whether 2.2 will have an updated kernel? I need netfilter/iptables to be active within the kernel on my Droid so I was planning on just putting the current modified kernel on my phone after upgrading to a rooted version of 2.2 but I wonder if by the time 2.2 is officially released if the kernel version will be different. I guess I'll just cross that bridge when I get to it. Probably won't have a rooted 2.2 for a while after it's officially released... whenever that will happen.

13. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +7
    No let me apologize to you because I didn't mean for it to come at you that way either. Had I not edited your post it was clear that you weren't saying that.

My whole point on this 2.1 thing is that if you saw the way 2.0.1 rolled out you would see why 2.1 was such a big shock. 2.0.1 couldn't have rolled out more smoothly then it did and I think that's why so many of us were shocked by what happened with 2.1. Add that to the fact that the membership has quadrupled here in the Forum from 2.0.1 to 2.1 I doubt that many actually saw the roll out of 2.0.1.

And I'll be honest we as Mods (I wasn't one at that time but I'm just as guilty) were getting information that we thought was gospel and putting it out there and probably shouldn't of. That's part of the Internet beast.

I make no bones about my predictions for early June, it's the feeling I was getting from someone that I felt knew what they were talking about but I probably shouldn't have taken as absolute fact. Now I'm saying I hope early June and since I'm not going to go back on what I said I'll just dodge the tomatoes when they're thrown at me if I'm wrong.

14. dave4100

dave4100 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hookbill, start ducking. At least they won't be potatoes that will be thrown. They would hurt a lot more than tomatoes.

15. mth04

Ratings:
    +0
    Let me be clear here. P3 and MDW have the test build. It is not built from source and is not a ROM. It would be released to the public if it were. MDW has NO intent of building hype and P3 has better things to do with his time then to build a ROM and not release it.

I spoke with P3 yesterday by phone and I spoke with BBCrackman by phone too. They both are very knowledgeable and told me where the build came from. I can tell you from first hand that this is a test build and not the release build.

as far as the date for release I will say mid June to the Droid, but VZW has to approve the build before it rolls OTA. Once we get more info on the when it will get posted. Until then All we can do is show you what it can do and where its at. Due to the sensitive nature of that MDW or DF cannot leak the test build. Someone would lose their job over that. I would never let that happen!