[VIDEO] Nvidia's Direct Touch Architecture

Discussion in 'Android News' started by cereal killer, Feb 24, 2012.

1. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +932
    Current Phone Model:
    Nokia Lumia Icon

Three of the biggest names in the touch controller industry—Atmel, Cypress and Synaptics—are supporting NVIDIA’s DirectTouch architecture. OEMs can now adopt this technology into their NVIDIA-powered devices, allowing for ultra-responsive touch, while reducing battery consumption. Their full press release is below. Be sure to check out the demo above. Enjoy!

2. Dave12308

Dave12308 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +50
    I hate to say this, but never once in my usage of a modern smartphone with a CAPACITIVE screen have I ever thought to myself "Gee, the touch processing here sure could use some hardware acceleration......."

Oh well, with all of the excess computing power in these modern phones; you might as well use it for something.

3. Bigaliensexmachine3000

Bigaliensexmachine3000 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Are you kidding? I came from a D1 using a Galaxy S now and have used my gf's Rezound. They all lag like crazy. Pick up an iphone, the difference is like night & day. Even the GNex has lag with hardware acceleration. So yeah, I'm glad someone is working on this since Android needs a little help. Plus it uses less battery which is always a good thing.

4. ElijahLynn

ElijahLynn New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Right you are Ken

I very much agree with this. I am on my 3rd Android, which is now the Galaxy Nexus GSM. It is very slow compared to an iPhone. This doesn't mean I will switch but it does mean I will talk about it. This is a very welcomed piece of technology and I very much hope it is implemented in all touchscreens going forward. Galaxy Nexus also advertised no lag camera shutter and wow, there is a 2-3 second lag sometimes.

Search tags for this page
direct touch
direct touch nvidia sdk
directtouch
nexus direct touch

nvidia direct touch

nvidia direct touch atmel
nvidia directtouch
nvidia directtouchâ„¢
raydium direct touch