Video not working.

validoption

Reaction score
Sapphire with nextang. Video not working. Even videos that worked previously are not playing, either with stock player or Act 1. Anyone else?

Sent from my Droid

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sapphire with nextang. Video not working. Even videos that worked previously are not playing, either with stock player or Act 1. Anyone else?

Sent from my Droid

Working for me, old videos play fine.

I suspect the theme.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Honestly I doubt its the theme, just because its a bunch of png images, nothing else.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Honestly I doubt its the theme, just because its a bunch of png images, nothing else.

Sorry, I'm always suspicious of themes that mod applications. But you're probably right.

That said, I guess I don't have an answer...did you do a clean install?

OP
validoption

validoption

Reaction score
In trying to figure this out, I reported as a last resort and that seems to have cleared the issue. Doesn't explain what caused it (and I can't make heads or tails out of logcat) but for now it's back...

Sent from my Droid

cvpcs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

In all honesty, themes can cause more problems than you could imagine :D

Sorry, I'm always suspicious of themes that mod applications. But you're probably right.

That said, I guess I don't have an answer...did you do a clean install?

You are right to often be suspicious of themes.

Themes can often be the culprit, as often there are errors in re-signing the APK files after they have been modified. Often the problem is that two APKs are expected to be signed with a "shared key" but instead one is signed with a "test key" (most common), and therefore fail permissions and don't interact properly.

I won't get into it too much here, but I am going to be posting a page on the wiki describing how to properly submit bugs as well as why certain problems MAY be happening.

Look for it soon!