BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Needs more lamp. :D
i-love-lamp.gif

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Haha. Man I'm all about this device already, if Verizon weren't bootloader locked I'd have one in my hand right now. Ugh. I'm mad that Google played the "it's sold out thus popular" move, that one is getting really old when it sells out in hours.

OP
BenLand150

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Haha. Man I'm all about this device already, if Verizon weren't bootloader locked I'd have one in my hand right now. Ugh. I'm mad that Google played the "it's sold out thus popular" move, that one is getting really old when it sells out in hours.
Verizon's is unlockable too? There's a thread on XDA.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

That's my issue with Google. They want to play with the big boys but they are not ready. Two years ago when the Nexus 6 they first tried to put out a "premium" device that could be bought through Google or carrier store but was hard to get (let's not talk about how the 6 was missing some things like a better camera).

Here we are now with nearly every phone out having external storage and/or waterproofing and yet Google have neither. But ok people voiced their frustrations about that and after reviews still want to buy the phone yet they are on back orders for 3-4 weeks.

It's called anticipation, year after year people clamor to buy a Google device and can't because Google did not plan to have enough devices ready to go or try and force you to buy the locked down version through the carrier by limiting the numbers they have on hand.

If Google want to play with the big boys then they need to start making big boy moves.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
I've been following the XL forum for a week and haven't seen this but I'll look again, if so I'm golden.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
edit: just read through and have not confirmed that worked yet.

OP
BenLand150

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
While I do agree the waterproofing is a sad fault, it doesn't make it not a top competitor in my opinion. I've yet to own a phone that has it, though I can see if coming from an S7 or another phone that has it may be a loss.

The Pixel has its shortcomings, absolutely. But it's already made itself apart of the big boys. The hardware and software are one, unlike anything I've ever seen on Android. Other phones are fast, without a doubt. But the Pixel is just the smoothest experience I've felt on anything other than an iOS device (which I don't like).

It's unfortunate Google is making us wait a year to make the perfect phone.. I can absolutely understand that sentiment.. the lack of waterproofing is honestly really bizarre, but again for me it doesn't matter.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Yea I doubt it's going to be THAT easy, especially when the phone's price will mean half of the usual development at this time as normal.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
While I do agree the waterproofing is a sad fault, it doesn't make it not a top competitor in my opinion. I've yet to own a phone that has it, though I can see if coming from an S7 or another phone that has it may be a loss.

The Pixel has its shortcomings, absolutely. But it's already made itself apart of the big boys. The hardware and software are one, unlike anything I've ever seen on Android. Other phones are fast, without a doubt. But the Pixel is just the smoothest experience I've felt on anything other than an iOS device (which I don't like).

It's unfortunate Google is making us wait a year to make the perfect phone.. I can absolutely understand that sentiment.. the lack of waterproofing is honestly really bizarre, but again for me it doesn't matter.

Don't get me wrong I am so tempted to pull the trigger (to buy) but it was just several things that led to my decision.

Also you said in your video you just flashed nougat.

Are you on 7.1.1 (for the 6P)?

OP
BenLand150

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong I am so tempted to pull the trigger (to buy) but it was just several things that led to my decision.

Also you said in your video you just flashed nougat.

Are you on 7.1.1 (for the 6P)?
I was. I switched back to 6.0.1. I like having Xposed too much. If you watch the end of my video, I use Snapchat in way probably very few people do and my friends and family love it lol.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I was. I switched back to 6.0.1. I like having Xposed too much. If you watch the end of my video, I use Snapchat in way probably very few people do and my friends and family love it lol.

I heard you flashed Nougat but thought you said 7.0 in your video. 7.1.1 did improve things but not enough. :(

I was disappointed in nougat until playing with it on the Pixel.

OP
BenLand150

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
While it didn't make my battery life much better, my phone absolutely flew on Nougat. No more annoying stutters. Somehow it's even better on the Pixel.