[VIDEO] MotoMaker

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
[video=youtube;HnTvmB44Cec]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnTvmB44Cec#at=21[/video]​

AT&T customers get to experience the full customization options of the Moto X via MotoMaker on day one, while customers on the other carriers must wait a bit longer. How long that wait will last is anyone's guess. Luckily for AT&T customers we have a demo of MotoMaker in action featuring what appears to be the ordering process you will go through when building that perfect handset. Feast your eyes on some of the color options, accents, engraving options, cases, memory and much more while building your X through MotoMaker. Enjoy!

UPDATE: VZW Confirms MotoMaker coming "later this year"

Via: Moto X Forums

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
My guess is the screen/bezel is preassembled containing all the electronic gizmos in Taiwan, this reduces their inventory to 2 options. Engrave the back panel, select button color and glue together. Ship.

If it's not HD it might as well be a newspaper.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Awesome video - I like seeing the options for customization.

JLG1985

Reaction score
I'd jump on this, but seriously, considering how cool it is and all, this is a BIG step backward from my Note II - let alone the upcoming Note III. I think I can pretty much speak for EVERY Galaxy Note owner when I say I/WE can't and won't ever go back to anything smaller than 5.3" minimum. At this point anything less feels like a toy and that's not including the huge step backward in specs.

Plus there's also the issue of those of us who buy or devices upfront and use StraightTalk something similar. While I may use AT&T'spectrum there's no way in hell I'm going back to being not only an AT&T customer but also hanging myself with a minimum of a two year contract! That goes for ANY CARRIER, NOT JUST AT&T. Period.