[VIDEO] Moto X on Rogers

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
moto-x-600.jpg

The upcoming Motorola Moto X has been in the headlines lately thanks to numerous leaks, reports, and rumors. Thats to a user on Google + we now have some video details on what the Motorola Moto X has to offer.

Here are some of the highlights:

• Exclusive to Rogers in Canada with two variants in (black and white)
  • Launching in August.
  • Launch Google Now with your voice and without touching the handset. The trigger command is “OK Google Now”.
  • Ability to personalize the trigger command for the voice actions
  • No notification light. Alerts appear on the lockscreen under the time widget.
  • Launch the camera by twisting your wrist twice.
  • Take a photo by touching anywhere on the screen, or long-hold to take multiple photo.

Check out the Moto X in action on Google+ and on Vimeo below.

[video=vimeo;70256940]http://vimeo.com/70256940[/video]​

Via: Moto X Forums

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Am not liking the no notification light. I can see whats going on with my phone from across the room with LED notification lights. Am liking the quicker way to start voice commands. I've been using Google Now more lately for reminders and its nice. Quick, fast...less steps than manually going into the calendar or using a post it note app.

tondraj

Reaction score
I don't think I can use a phone without a notification light. I have an iPhone for work and it drives me crazy not to have one. What a disappointment...I was planning to buy this to keep my unlimited data.

FryFTW

Reaction score
I don't like that it doesn't have a notification light, but honestly, I check my phone more than enough not to really need one.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
...I wanted to love this device. I did. No notification is equivalent to no external speakers, simply asinine.