Video MMS not working?

xxnonamexx

Reaction score
I tried with Handcent and stock mms and when I recieve a video it doesn't play. The bottom of the screen shows the seconds moving the the video is a still image. Any ideas? Thank you

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Did you record on low quality? High quality video will not send on any rom.

Sent from Miui - My Theme 2 Droid

OP
X

xxnonamexx

Reaction score
5 sec low quality from my sisters LG dare she sent to me via text.

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
When you say stock, do you mean actually stock or just the one included on the ROM? Modded MMS will not play video, I have not had one that will, most roms included a modded version as their "stock".... I always switch back, video is more important to me than changing the color of the LED........

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Just an observation but do you have much experience flashing roms? I notice a lot of posts and miui insult in some threads you've posted when the issues seem to arise from lack of experience.

Please think before you post things that present as insults toward the devs that work hard to bring us miui and help optimize for d1.

OP
X

xxnonamexx

Reaction score
Sorry I got frustrated. I have been using UD 2.3 for quite sometime and when I switched over the MIUI was going crazy. The IRC chat rooms they have been helpful but some people have been so sarcastic and weren't very helpful. I have experience flashing ROMS I flashed it multiple times since I owned the Droid1. I am loving the ROM but the changelog doesn't show many bugs and I thought there were bugs since this ROM worked fine yesterday. Didn't mean for any insults. Thanks. Do you have any issues with video clips on yours?

Mryank9

Reaction score
Sorry I got frustrated. I have been using UD 2.3 for quite sometime and when I switched over the MIUI was going crazy. The IRC chat rooms they have been helpful but some people have been so sarcastic and weren't very helpful. I have experience flashing ROMS I flashed it multiple times since I owned the Droid1. I am loving the ROM but the changelog doesn't show many bugs and I thought there were bugs since this ROM worked fine yesterday. Didn't mean for any insults. Thanks. Do you have any issues with video clips on yours?

I am actually experiencing the exact same issue since switching to MIUI. If people send me an MMS video clip it just sits there as a still image with no sound. It happened with the MIUI messaging app as well as Handcent

publicanimal

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure this is actually a valid issue with this ROM. I don't get many videos sent via MMS but several people have mentioned this problem.

BlackHoleSlam

Reaction score
It is a valid issue so we could bring it to the dev because I am having this issue 2

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Confirmed as well. The voice recorder does a similar thing