Video Messages Won't Send! Help!

Kamadroid

Reaction score
I have been taking videos with my phone and trying to share them via txt message, but evertime I try it tells me "message size limit reached" and does not allow me to send it. I tried it with a 9 second video and the same thing. Anybody else have a similar problem. Any and all help is much appreciated.

JPHeiser

Reaction score
I and many other have been having this same problem. After communicating with Google on googleforums, I've received this reply:

"I've spoken to our server guys and it seems there was a size restriction on one of the servers that deals with mobile queries. We're in the process now of removing that restriction, and we expect that this work will be complete in a few days' time.

"Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and it should all start working in a couple of days or so!"

Very cool that a user inquire can get such direct and quick attention.

John

OP
K

Kamadroid

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the Info. Guess now all we can do is wait. Gotta be able to send video messages.

Patrick

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
I and many other have been having this same problem. After communicating with Google on googleforums, I've received this reply:

"I've spoken to our server guys and it seems there was a size restriction on one of the servers that deals with mobile queries. We're in the process now of removing that restriction, and we expect that this work will be complete in a few days' time.

"Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and it should all start working in a couple of days or so!"

Very cool that a user inquire can get such direct and quick attention.

John
Couple days from.... :blink:

Any more word on this? It's the next quest of mine as my old Alias could send video :(
What little the Qik app described, that certainly was not the answer.

brewerc

Reaction score
messages still wont send

well as of feb. 2, 2010 I still can't send videos and it gives me that message

fLiP SiD3

Reaction score
I posted the same question and luckily with the help of JONNY........I have the answer for you.
Click Camera - Switch to Video - Click Menu - Click Settings - Click Video Quality - Change to LOW (for MMS messages) and you are done !!!!!

Here is the drawback.....if you currently have videos on your phone you cannot adjust those settings to LOW , you are stuck with it. Drawback #2 the video quality is poor , but , at least now you can share your videos to whomever you want to send them too.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yup -- the default quality setting produces clips that are far too large for MMS. You can verify by looking at the file sizes of your existing clips via Astro or your favorite file manager.