1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Video Live Wallpaper

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by wojtalsd, Oct 14, 2010.

1. wojtalsd

wojtalsd New Member

Just saw this yesterday and installed. Wondering if anyone else has tried it! I like that I can put a video as my wallpaper. Mainly curious if anyone has been using this for awhile and how it has affected battery life.
  2. rgn2000

rgn2000 New Member

I just got this 2 days ago. I think it is new. I have not used it full time, but I have not noticed too much battery drain. There is some more info at the following sites...

Spletni dnevnik - Video Live Wallpaper 0.82b for Android

[Live wallpaper] Video Live Wallpaper 0.82b - xda-developers

There are a lot of tweeks according to the developer for framerate depending on file type and quality.

I used a simple 720p video of ocean waves I shot that I rendered to mpg2 at 720X480 and left framerate at 30 and it was pretty good. I am also thinking the best videos are ones in which the camera does not move much, but of course whatever you are filming is moving.

There is a lot of things that can be done with this app. The developer did a really good job and it can only improve from here. Everytime I am watching the TV now I am thinking about ideas on what would be a cool wallpaper.

This might be a good place for people to share some of their video clips to be used as live wallpapers.
  3. wojtalsd

wojtalsd New Member

I have a 25 second avi file of a garage fire that I found on the net. Been running it all day so far. Im going to check out your links.
  4. johntkong

johntkong New Member

How very interesting. Thanks for the tip on using vids as live wallpaper. I'm still trying to find a good Droid eye. I may use my roommate's phone to record my boot up screen then email it to myself and set it as the live wallpaper.
  5. wojtalsd

wojtalsd New Member

Also, See what you can find online, IE Youtube and other video sites. You may find someone already has a video of it!
  6. rgn2000

rgn2000 New Member

Some of the Droid commercials might be nice too.

Also I was thinking that footage from a movie with destruction might be cool like 2012. There is so much.
Search tags for this page

how to set video as wallpaper on android phone

live video wallpaper with sound

on my galaxy s 4 can i record a video a set it as my live wa