VIDEO- Lenovo K3 Note Unboxing and Quick Review

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Gearbest was nice enough to send us a Lenovo Ke Note. In the video above I unbox the device and give you a quick rundown of the device. Here I will give you my initial first impressions of the device. For starters lets talk specs the phone works on GSM/HPNA/and LTE networks, it has dual sim, 5.5" 1080p IPS capacitive touch panel, MediaTek MT6752 Ocat-core processor clocked at 1.7Ghz, micro SD storage expansion up to 32GB, 16GB of storage, 2GB of ram, 13mp rear camera, 5mp front camera, and it runs Android 5.0 with Lenovo's Vibe skin overlay.

First lets talk design. While this phone feels nice in the hand and is pretty solid this is still a budget device the back plate is flimsy plastic and you have those button covers instead of physical buttons, which are pretty easy to break. The phone itself is pretty heavy, it is a bigger phone at 5.5" so that is to be expected the heft almost gives it a less cheapy feel though. The screen does not include Gorilla glass protection so DO NOT drop it. This is pretty thin at 8mm compared to 7.1mm on the iphone 6 plus. The phone that Gear best sent me is Laser Yellow which would be perfect if your are into yellow. It isn't plain yellow but has a metallic type of finish to it if that makes any sense.

Next lets talk performance. The device seemed to fly with the included Mediatek octa-core processor and 2GB of ram, mind you I have not really loaded up a bunch of apps or really stress tested this phone yet. It seemed to move between home screens pretty quickly and launch the few apps that i tried pretty quickly. I didn't notice any lag whatsoever. As far as battery life is concerned this phone is an all around champ when it comes to standby time this phone went several days without a charge and still had about 30% battery life. The battery drains pretty averagely. The Lenovo Vibe UI is not my favorite it is full of bloatware and looks nothing like AOSP. This was actually one of the major downfalls of the device. The camera seemed to be average at best but what more could you expect from a sub $200 phone? Overall this is a good buy considering the price. Grab yours from the link below.

via Gearbest

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Awesome, thanks for sharing.