[Video HowTo]The Milestone has been Rooted!

newb

Reaction score
i got mine rooted but i find it more laggy than before.......
anyone got the same prob?

No - on the contrary, I swear I actually noticed an increase in speed and snappiness... as in, it seems to run faster.
I know that rooting should, in reality, make absolutely no difference at all to the speed of the device, so it's a little strange.

Perhaps my sleep-deprivation induced delirium is the real cause...

u should say this again after u've updated to the 2.0.1.....thats what im using right now....the smoothness and the speed is fabulous :D:D:D

Yeah - I was considering updating earlier on, although I think I'm going to wait for the actual OTA update, just in case.
I'd rather have a slightly laggy phone than a £450 paperweight :)

zgmf-x322a

Reaction score
No - on the contrary, I swear I actually noticed an increase in speed and snappiness... as in, it seems to run faster.
I know that rooting should, in reality, make absolutely no difference at all to the speed of the device, so it's a little strange.

Perhaps my sleep-deprivation induced delirium is the real cause...

u should say this again after u've updated to the 2.0.1.....thats what im using right now....the smoothness and the speed is fabulous :D:D:D

Yeah - I was considering updating earlier on, although I think I'm going to wait for the actual OTA update, just in case.
I'd rather have a slightly laggy phone than a £450 paperweight :)

updating to the 2.0.1 at the moment isnt a bad idea....its superb...lol
im not sure if the update is available worldwide or not coz my current location is Hong Kong and iv received the update from Motorola HK today

Pyroid

Reaction score
Does rooting enable me installing apps in the SD card? If so, how do I achieve this?

edit: After some investigation it seems its apps2sd

Last edited:

sloopjohnb

Reaction score
You don't need rooting to install apps from the sd card...

I'm from brasil and I still get the message 'can't connect to servers' :/

newb

Reaction score
I believe he means installing apps to the SD card - rather than the internal storage, which is what Android forces you to do by default.

Thanks for the apps2sd pointer as well, going to have to look into that.

sloopjohnb

Reaction score
Have anyone tried market enabler?
I have a brazilian milestone, if I update to the 'french 2.0.1', how I can I revert back to my brazilian 2.0?

Pyroid

Reaction score
I believe he means installing apps to the SD card - rather than the internal storage, which is what Android forces you to do by default.

Thanks for the apps2sd pointer as well, going to have to look into that.

Thats what I meant. Milestone already has 56 mbs less in the internal (probably the ROM is bigger), so I already filled it up several times, specially when trying to install Polarbit games, since each is over 10mb each.

Anyways I will probably wait until theres some restoring way to unroot it back or revive it from bricking before rooting it and doing the process of apps2sd

DAGr8

Reaction score
Have anyone tried market enabler?
I have a brazilian milestone, if I update to the 'french 2.0.1', how I can I revert back to my brazilian 2.0?

market enabler works perfect here .. dotn update ,. not only you will not be able to revert back but you will lose SU.

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thats what i want too. Hope apps2sd will work soon on milestone. I dont need root for anything else cause android is just fine in all other ways.

kenosis

Reaction score
rooted and 2.0.1

Can I still update my milestone to 2.0.1 after I have rooted?

kenosis

Reaction score
The whitelist is currently empty

I press on "superuser whitelist" after rooting.

The message i see is "The whitelist is currently empty."

what should i do?

big_adventure

Reaction score
I press on "superuser whitelist" after rooting.

The message i see is "The whitelist is currently empty."

what should i do?

Whatever you want to do! No, really, when you try to run something that requires root, it will prompt and ask you if you want to whitelist it. By default, the whitelist is always empty. Open a terminal emulator and enter
Code:
su
The whitelist app will pop up saying that your emulator wants root permissions, and ask if you want to allow it once or always.