Video hitching BB 0.6.1 & 0.6.2

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by captainpikachu, Dec 31, 2010.

1. captainpikachu

captainpikachu New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've noticed video hitching every few seconds on ripped DVD mp4s that ran perfectly smooth on BB 0.5 ever since I updated to BB 0.6.1. I did a full wipe when going from 0.5 to 0.6.1 and even reinstalled all my apps from the market, so the system is clean. I was hoping the hitching would stop between 0.6.1 and 0.6.2, but no dice.

After spending some time killing all apps and services to no avail, I changed the CPU governor from interactive back to the Android default ondemand and now it's smooth again. The videos are quite large resolution (720xXXX based on aspect ratio), but even so, BB 0.5 played them without issue.

Hopefully, this won't have a major impact on my battery life moving forward. I didn't notice a giant battery improvement between 0.5 and 0.6.1, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Has anyone else seen the video hitching issues I was seeing with the interactive governor?

2. norml2000

norml2000 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I also had this issue at first. But the only thing I did to fix it was change the minimum clock speed from 125 Mhz to 250 Mhz, leaving the governor at interactive.

3. krazienluv10

krazienluv10 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    having the same problem as well, tried changing the clock speed,governor...

4. Liquid Fusion

Liquid Fusion Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Some movies show sync lag more than others. I watch (DVD to MP4 via Handbrake) movies in my charger holder with SETCPU profile keeping CPU at 550 MHz for charging....

Search tags for this page

my android video is hitching help