1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

video help...some playing some not

Discussion in 'Android Audio and Video' started by themann6266, Dec 19, 2010.

1. themann6266

themann6266 New Member

i up loaded video from my laptop, they are VLE format, some video plays and then some dont.
    it says format not recognizable, but they are all the same format. so why is it playing some and not others
  2. dvdcatalyst

dvdcatalyst Guest

Hi,

Could you please provide a bit more information about your video files?
    I haven't heard of VLE video files, and the only thing remotely that comes up on Google about it is something about Virtual Learning Environment.
  3. themann6266

themann6266 New Member

it is VLC sorry
  4. dvdcatalyst

dvdcatalyst Guest

Ah, ok.

VLC is a video player that when you install it on a computer, it will set its icon on a lot of different video files.

The Droid Gallery plays MP4 files that are properly optimized for it (iPod/Blackberry compatible MP4 files work too), but video files such as AVI and MKV do not play unless you convert them to MP4 or use a video player that can play them such as vplayer or rockplayer.