Video: Hands on Moto Droid 2

Discussion in 'Android News' started by cereal killer, Jun 21, 2010.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +839
    Current Phone Model:
    Nokia Lumia Icon
    updated OP....everyone should be able to see it now. I edited out the secret info and hardware that was shown in the first version.
  2. cuskit

cuskit Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks! I thought maybe I was out of the loop and did not know the secret handshake nor owned the decoder ring! :icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

Actually - I saw it on facebook, but will go back now and view this one to see if it's the same. From what I can gleam, no real reason for Droid One owners to pay the bucks for this newer edition. I'm disappointed - I would think a model with the designation "2" would have some significant improvements/changes to warrant a sequel number. Oh well. Perhaps when the X arrives.. :)

CK - appreciate all you are doing here! Still on the job and always right on top of things! Thanks - mikey :)
  3. nwwolf1

nwwolf1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    so is there an upgrade promotion going on to upgrade from droid 1 to droid 2 or is it just if your plan isn't up you have to pay full price?
  4. cuskit

cuskit Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wish there was an upgrade promotion! But I don't recall VZW ever doing that before. Of course - I really don't upgrade in between my NE2 so it may have slipped my notice if they did. :) mikey
  5. Beardface

Beardface Active Member

Ratings:
    +35
    So the only real difference between this and the regular Droid is just a snappier processer? Well thats not enough of a reason to switch, so I guess it won't bother me!

Now, I am really intrigued by the new Droid X. I just wish Motorola hadn't slapped Moto Blur on it and (potentially) ruined a good thing. Considering I rarely use the physical keyboard anymore (thank you, swype!) that is a phone I would really like to get my hands on. Unfortunately, I just got my Droid in February, so no upgrade for me. No biggie, I still love my Droid and will continue to customize it until that time comes. (Heck, for being stock, its already vastly different than my friend's Droids who are running the basic)
  6. jroc

jroc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +61
    Everybody that just got a Droid, dont worry. For those that havent tasted Froyo yet, it will keep u satisfied until your upgrade comes up. It might keep u satisfied after your upgrade comes.....
  7. bmxmike

bmxmike New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with alotta people, I think this phones major market is for people who are about to run out of contract and want a droid and not a "Old" model like the Droid. I could not see anyone upgrading from a current Droid to this with the Droid X not to far off which looks like a much superior phone for the most part. Looks like good phone just not worth upgrade for it
  8. mach330

mach330 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    dayam i was really hoping it's thinner or something. it's basically the exact same thing. keyboard is nice though as well as internal I'm sure. i think i'll have to convince the wifey then to get the Dx.
  9. DF Smod

DF Smod Silver Member

Ratings:
    +93
    Thanks for the video CK, all I have to say is, that keyboard sure looks nice!!!
  10. XMasterMoronX

XMasterMoronX Member

Ratings:
    +0
    :-/ I don't like that they went with the traditional android button layout, I like having the home button in the middle
  11. pilot25

pilot25 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Is it safe to say the Droid X far exceeds the Droid 2 in specs?

My wife wants an Android phone and doesn't care about keyboard. X or 2?
  12. chewy74

chewy74 Active Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Great video...

And I accept your apology for the video quality :)
  13. misterSelf

misterSelf Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not really. They are very similar/close in specs. Surely, the X has a bigger screen, but it's the same resolution (as the current Droid and the Droid 2) and not everyone wants to carry around such a large phone. An HDMI port and a higher MP camera are about the only thing that separate the two, and like the screen, it's really a matter of preference/need.
    You know your wife better than me, so it really comes down to whether you think she would be comfortable carrying a very large phone (in the Droid X). Most women I know wouldn't.
  14. thescreensavers

thescreensavers Member

Ratings:
    +0
    We need D2 leaks now!
  15. pilot25

pilot25 Member

Ratings:
    +3

Thanks!! Speed of the processors are very important to me. When I buy a pc I get the fastest processor available and everything else is added on as necessary. I think these phones are pretty much mini PCs. I already notice my original Droid is getting sluggish.

Lastly, one major problem I have with the original Droid is there is no "spell checking, word predicting" with the hard keyboard. Does the Droid 2 have this> I use the HTC download which works about 80% of the time. Can get a little frustrating when you don't have time to reset your text or email to get word prediction. My wife won't indulge in such tech challenges. It's gotta be stock and always working or the thing will get tossed in the garbage.

Anyone know?
Search tags for this page

droid a856

how old is motorola model a856
master reset motorola a856

motorola a856

motorola a856 droid

motorola model a856

restore motorola model a856 lost password
trade in motorola droid a856
verizon motorola a856 hard reset
what motorola droid model a856