Video: Hands on Moto Droid 2

Discussion in 'Android News' started by cereal killer, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Taegost

Taegost Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I hope it's as easy to root as the Droid. My sister is holding off on her upgrade until I tell her which of the new phones she's going to get and trade with me :)

My Droid Does Tapatalk...

2. tcayton49

tcayton49 Member

Ratings:
    +21
    Not enough of an improvement over my Droid to make me switch, especially once i gets me some Froyo :)

Now when some 2ghz Gingerbread goodness comes around sign me up quick, fast and in a hurry.

3. dadarkside

dadarkside Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i am a soon to-be droid convert and i have to say, this phone is excellent for those who haven't purchased a droid yet. i think if i had the droid 1, i would wait for the droid pro to come out.

i've been waiting for this phone to drop for 2 months now (i was about to buy the original droid until i heard the rumor this was coming out)

4. Screwball

Screwball Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It appears the video is no op!

5. wkwaggoner

wkwaggoner Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    droid turbo 2
    Droid 2

....please let me see this....really I won't tell "any" living souls....

6. solution

solution Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The hardware keyboard layout on the D2 is worse than the D1. Does the alt, caps, and alt lock key have to be that long? Do we really need an alt lock key!??! was pressing alt twice really that difficult?? Horrible choice imo. The redesign that is the D2 reminds me of someone buying a new char then going to their nearest auto parts store and buying all those cheezy car accessories they have in stock. Feel completely unneccessary.

Hmm.. maybe I should put some glow in the dark flame stickers on my droid. Maybe one of those fake turbo ports too.

7. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,464
    Current Phone Model:
    Nokia Lumia Icon
    updated OP....everyone should be able to see it now. I edited out the secret info and hardware that was shown in the first version.

8. cuskit

cuskit Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks! I thought maybe I was out of the loop and did not know the secret handshake nor owned the decoder ring! :icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

Actually - I saw it on facebook, but will go back now and view this one to see if it's the same. From what I can gleam, no real reason for Droid One owners to pay the bucks for this newer edition. I'm disappointed - I would think a model with the designation "2" would have some significant improvements/changes to warrant a sequel number. Oh well. Perhaps when the X arrives.. :)

CK - appreciate all you are doing here! Still on the job and always right on top of things! Thanks - mikey :)

9. nwwolf1

nwwolf1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    so is there an upgrade promotion going on to upgrade from droid 1 to droid 2 or is it just if your plan isn't up you have to pay full price?

10. cuskit

cuskit Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wish there was an upgrade promotion! But I don't recall VZW ever doing that before. Of course - I really don't upgrade in between my NE2 so it may have slipped my notice if they did. :) mikey

11. Beardface

Beardface Active Member

Ratings:
    +52
    So the only real difference between this and the regular Droid is just a snappier processer? Well thats not enough of a reason to switch, so I guess it won't bother me!

Now, I am really intrigued by the new Droid X. I just wish Motorola hadn't slapped Moto Blur on it and (potentially) ruined a good thing. Considering I rarely use the physical keyboard anymore (thank you, swype!) that is a phone I would really like to get my hands on. Unfortunately, I just got my Droid in February, so no upgrade for me. No biggie, I still love my Droid and will continue to customize it until that time comes. (Heck, for being stock, its already vastly different than my friend's Droids who are running the basic)

12. jroc

jroc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +63
    Everybody that just got a Droid, dont worry. For those that havent tasted Froyo yet, it will keep u satisfied until your upgrade comes up. It might keep u satisfied after your upgrade comes.....

Search tags for this page

droid a856

how old is motorola model a856
master reset motorola a856

motorola a856

motorola a856 droid
motorola model a856
restore motorola model a856 lost password
trade in motorola droid a856
verizon motorola model number a856
what motorola droid model a856