Video: Hands on Moto Droid 2

Discussion in 'Android News' started by cereal killer, Jun 21, 2010.

1. silentbob343

silentbob343 New Member

Haha, not in the least. :)
  2. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

Thats cuz of some dumb--- on that Dorid X Twitter page had a clue saying 1Ghz Snapdragon....it got promptly removed about 2 minutes later...
  3. JonKyu

JonKyu New Member

I like it!! Not enough of a hardware improvement for me to buy it but It'll fit nicely in the Droid lineup. Still excited about this DroidPro biznitch :D so far Motorola seemed to have done good with the X and Droid 2, lets hope they deliver for DroidPro.
  4. etx_droid

etx_droid New Member

It's nice, I guess they are going with the "if it ain't broke..." approach. This will be great for new Android users, not so much for those that have the Droid. I was disappointed at first, but the Droid is the flagship Android device and probably will be for a long while with this release. Nice job Motorola! Keep em coming and keep on makin' those HTC users Jealous :icon_ nana:
  5. Taegost

Taegost New Member

I hope it's as easy to root as the Droid. My sister is holding off on her upgrade until I tell her which of the new phones she's going to get and trade with me :)

My Droid Does Tapatalk...
  6. tcayton49

tcayton49 New Member

Not enough of an improvement over my Droid to make me switch, especially once i gets me some Froyo :)

Now when some 2ghz Gingerbread goodness comes around sign me up quick, fast and in a hurry.
  7. dadarkside

dadarkside New Member

i am a soon to-be droid convert and i have to say, this phone is excellent for those who haven't purchased a droid yet. i think if i had the droid 1, i would wait for the droid pro to come out.

i've been waiting for this phone to drop for 2 months now (i was about to buy the original droid until i heard the rumor this was coming out)
  8. Screwball

Screwball New Member

It appears the video is no op!
  9. wkwaggoner

wkwaggoner Member

Droid 2

....please let me see this....really I won't tell "any" living souls....
  10. solution

solution New Member

The hardware keyboard layout on the D2 is worse than the D1. Does the alt, caps, and alt lock key have to be that long? Do we really need an alt lock key!??! was pressing alt twice really that difficult?? Horrible choice imo. The redesign that is the D2 reminds me of someone buying a new char then going to their nearest auto parts store and buying all those cheezy car accessories they have in stock. Feel completely unneccessary.

Hmm.. maybe I should put some glow in the dark flame stickers on my droid. Maybe one of those fake turbo ports too.
  11. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

updated OP....everyone should be able to see it now. I edited out the secret info and hardware that was shown in the first version.
  12. cuskit

cuskit New Member

Thanks! I thought maybe I was out of the loop and did not know the secret handshake nor owned the decoder ring! :icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

Actually - I saw it on facebook, but will go back now and view this one to see if it's the same. From what I can gleam, no real reason for Droid One owners to pay the bucks for this newer edition. I'm disappointed - I would think a model with the designation "2" would have some significant improvements/changes to warrant a sequel number. Oh well. Perhaps when the X arrives.. :)

CK - appreciate all you are doing here! Still on the job and always right on top of things! Thanks - mikey :)
  13. nwwolf1

nwwolf1 New Member

so is there an upgrade promotion going on to upgrade from droid 1 to droid 2 or is it just if your plan isn't up you have to pay full price?
  14. cuskit

cuskit New Member

Wish there was an upgrade promotion! But I don't recall VZW ever doing that before. Of course - I really don't upgrade in between my NE2 so it may have slipped my notice if they did. :) mikey
  15. Beardface

Beardface Member

So the only real difference between this and the regular Droid is just a snappier processer? Well thats not enough of a reason to switch, so I guess it won't bother me!

Now, I am really intrigued by the new Droid X. I just wish Motorola hadn't slapped Moto Blur on it and (potentially) ruined a good thing. Considering I rarely use the physical keyboard anymore (thank you, swype!) that is a phone I would really like to get my hands on. Unfortunately, I just got my Droid in February, so no upgrade for me. No biggie, I still love my Droid and will continue to customize it until that time comes. (Heck, for being stock, its already vastly different than my friend's Droids who are running the basic)
  16. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

Everybody that just got a Droid, dont worry. For those that havent tasted Froyo yet, it will keep u satisfied until your upgrade comes up. It might keep u satisfied after your upgrade comes.....
  17. bmxmike

bmxmike New Member

I agree with alotta people, I think this phones major market is for people who are about to run out of contract and want a droid and not a "Old" model like the Droid. I could not see anyone upgrading from a current Droid to this with the Droid X not to far off which looks like a much superior phone for the most part. Looks like good phone just not worth upgrade for it
  18. mach330

mach330 Member

dayam i was really hoping it's thinner or something. it's basically the exact same thing. keyboard is nice though as well as internal I'm sure. i think i'll have to convince the wifey then to get the Dx.
  19. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

Thanks for the video CK, all I have to say is, that keyboard sure looks nice!!!
  20. XMasterMoronX

XMasterMoronX New Member

:-/ I don't like that they went with the traditional android button layout, I like having the home button in the middle
Search tags for this page

droid a856

how old is motorola model a856
master reset motorola a856

motorola a856

motorola a856 droid

motorola droid model number a856

motorola model a856

restore motorola model a856 lost password
trade in motorola droid a856
verizon motorola a856 hard reset
verizon motorola model number a856