VIDEO- Galaxy Note 5 Destroys Antutu Benchmark Test

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

In this video we run the Antutu benchmark on the Note 5. The phone with its power house specs chews right through the benchmark with no problems at all. It beats the Note 4 in the test handily. Is this a worthy upgrade. If performance is your only concern then yes!

Reactions: cr6

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Benchmarks are a good barometer for gaming systems, not smartphones. System software and it's efficiency and how it performs on a daily basis is more important for smartphones, that's why my Nexus 6 runs circles around the Note 4, and both have the same hardware and score almost the same in AnTuTu.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I can tell you my Note 5 is much faster and smoother than my Nexus 6. I don't much care for benchmark scores, more real life use. And I can't believe how well this Note 5 performs.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can tell you my Note 5 is much faster and smoother than my Nexus 6. I don't much care for benchmark scores, more real life use. And I can't believe how well this Note 5 performs.
Of course it is, trying to justify to yourself that new expensive purchase, it's only natural.
Come back in a few month's, and fill us in on it's smoothness.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Of course it is, trying to justify to yourself that new expensive purchase, it's only natural.
Come back in a few month's, and fill us in on it's smoothness.

Touche. Though not too expensive, sold my Nexus 6 for $400 and got the $200 BestBuy card, right at about $200 bucks for the 32GB. I am good with that.

Asgard

Reaction score
Every time I read some headline saying: "This phone destroys this benchmark" or "This phone blows this phone out of the water" I get a slight hope that the video will have the phone exploding because of the benchmark, or destroying the other phone somehow

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Touche. Though not too expensive, sold my Nexus 6 for $400 and got the $200 BestBuy card, right at about $200 bucks for the 32GB. I am good with that.
You mean for the 17 GB "that's what's left after the OS and Samsung's junk".

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Someone should make a basic fighter game pitting the two phones together. Their life or HP should be the score they get on the benchmark, might make it more exciting over the standard bar graphs.

Asgard

Reaction score

Dude, let the guy enjoy his phone, it's just a phone after all, just a rectangle with a touch screen used to text, make calls and take stupid pictures of food, the rest is meaningless

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P

Man, for reals, last two phones being Nexus I forget how these folks load these things up with crap software. Sitting at 20.69GB free now, good enough for me as I don't download music or movies, still, give my GBs back.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Sounds like that Note 5 SOC is a beast. Even with the truckload of installed crap it comes with, it smokes!

Reactions: cr6

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3

With 5.47 gb of pics & videos loaded on my phone and 97 apps only 12.39 GB total is currently being used. I wish I checked it out before I set everything up to see how much space is used by bloat & os.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
With 5.47 gb of pics & videos loaded on my phone and 97 apps only 12.39 GB total is currently being used. I wish I checked it out before I set everything up to see how much space is used by bloat & os.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
TW is supposed to be slimmed down some. I don't know what some is but on my Note4 and Note8 it was just under 8GB being used before I added anything.
My daughter won a Kindle Fire 8GB model and before adding anything just over 4GB was already spoken for in bloat and os. That's what I call ridiculous

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4