VIDEO- Galaxy Note 4 Benchmark

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Very disappointing. I like how he says it's "pretty awesome compared to the Note 3" but my Note 3 actually beat this. Only thing is I am running Nova Launcher Prime so not sure that makes a difference in this test.

Isn't the Note 4 at a much higher screen resolution than your Note 3?

If so, that's why your score is higher. The higher resolution needs a lot more processing power and fill rate, due to having so many more pixels to display...

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Isn't the Note 4 at a much higher screen resolution than your Note 3?

If so, that's why your score is higher. The higher resolution needs a lot more processing power and fill rate, due to having so many more pixels to display...

That's why I laugh at iPhone vs [insert any Android flagship phone here] benchmarks.

The 805 is considered mostly to be a slight improvement over the previous 801 yet it is carrying that huge resolution on its back. Then it is also keeping battery life the same without a larger battery.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's why I laugh at iPhone vs [insert any Android flagship phone here] benchmarks.

The 805 is considered mostly to be a slight improvement over the previous 801 yet it is carrying that huge resolution on its back. Then it is also keeping battery life the same without a larger battery.

Exactly... But the 801 is damned fast, so if it can have that large beautiful display and the 805 compensates for the resolution and offers comparable performance, I guess it is a success...

If they could just toss the chip from the NVidia Shield Tablet into a phone, that would rock.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Exactly... But the 801 is damned fast, so if it can have that large beautiful display and the 805 compensates for the resolution and offers comparable performance, I guess it is a success...

If they could just toss the chip from the NVidia Shield Tablet into a phone, that would rock.

The K1 would be insane inside of a phone. Instantaneous actions would be the new "norm" for phones if NVidia released one. The only drawback would be that there isn't a battery big enough that would push it through a day's usage.