1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

video files not working

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by roach, Jul 21, 2010.

1. roach

roach Member

What type of video files will work with droidx,for reason I moved some files that were VLC media file (.wmv) and it did not work.
    What is the best way.
    Thanks
  2. Bagellord

Bagellord New Member

Use Handbrake to convert them to mp4's and then load them on. That's what I have done.
  3. rmp459

rmp459 New Member

mp4 is clearly the new standard for video on these new gen mobile devices.

Most of my files (~3.5 TB worth) are all .mp4 or .mkv in 720p or higher... They run on the DX, but the bitrates tend to be overkill and performance is reduced. Truth be told these devices still cant handle decoding HD video at those higher resolutions, but I didnt expect them too..

I also found that most .AVIs that I have are not playing back in sync or smoothly, but most of them are 350mb for ~40 mins and if reencoded to mp4 i can half the file size with the exact same quality.

Just use handbrake to encode anything to mp4, check to make sure the extension is mp4 and not m4v and ur good to go.
  4. roach

roach Member

Sorry but I think I forgot to mention the files are videos all wmv movie files,still do not no why they are not working on droidx,but always worked on droid before.
    Thanks
  5. Blackcharger06

Blackcharger06 New Member

:)

.wmv files will not work. You have to convert them to .mp4 files threw handbrake, or another program. .wmv files will not work on the droid...
  6. dadarkside

dadarkside New Member

i used 3gp converter to convert .wmv or .avi files for my windows mobile phone.

i found out from this forum about a program called dvd catalyst. I downloaded and bought it and used it to convert video files for the droid and it it's super easy. i have about 9gigs worth of movies/shows ready to be used on the droid x. i forgot to mention the format of the video files are .mp4
  7. roach_

roach_ New Member

dancedroid
    I went with DVD Catalyst it is very user friendly,they have a free version and a paid one for $9.95 which is there full version,not sure what the diference is but it was a piece of cake to use..
    Thanks all for the help.
Search tags for this page

android razr hd video file types

converting droid razr mp4 file to standard mp4 file

video not working on droid x

what file type for movie on my droid razr maxx hd?