video files not working

roach

Reaction score
What type of video files will work with droidx,for reason I moved some files that were VLC media file (.wmv) and it did not work.
What is the best way.
Thanks

Bagellord

Reaction score
Use Handbrake to convert them to mp4's and then load them on. That's what I have done.

rmp459

Reaction score
mp4 is clearly the new standard for video on these new gen mobile devices.

Most of my files (~3.5 TB worth) are all .mp4 or .mkv in 720p or higher... They run on the DX, but the bitrates tend to be overkill and performance is reduced. Truth be told these devices still cant handle decoding HD video at those higher resolutions, but I didnt expect them too..

I also found that most .AVIs that I have are not playing back in sync or smoothly, but most of them are 350mb for ~40 mins and if reencoded to mp4 i can half the file size with the exact same quality.

Just use handbrake to encode anything to mp4, check to make sure the extension is mp4 and not m4v and ur good to go.

OP
roach

roach

Reaction score

Most of my files (~3.5 TB worth) are all .mp4 or .mkv in 720p or higher... They run on the DX, but the bitrates tend to be overkill and performance is reduced. Truth be told these devices still cant handle decoding HD video at those higher resolutions, but I didnt expect them too..

I also found that most .AVIs that I have are not playing back in sync or smoothly, but most of them are 350mb for ~40 mins and if reencoded to mp4 i can half the file size with the exact same quality.

Just use handbrake to encode anything to mp4, check to make sure the extension is mp4 and not m4v and ur good to go.

Sorry but I think I forgot to mention the files are videos all wmv movie files,still do not no why they are not working on droidx,but always worked on droid before.
Thanks

Reaction score
:)

Sorry but I think I forgot to mention the files are videos all wmv movie files,still do not no why they are not working on droidx,but always worked on droid before.
Thanks

.wmv files will not work. You have to convert them to .mp4 files threw handbrake, or another program. .wmv files will not work on the droid...

dadarkside

Reaction score
i used 3gp converter to convert .wmv or .avi files for my windows mobile phone.

i found out from this forum about a program called dvd catalyst. I downloaded and bought it and used it to convert video files for the droid and it it's super easy. i have about 9gigs worth of movies/shows ready to be used on the droid x. i forgot to mention the format of the video files are .mp4

roach_

Reaction score
dancedroid
I went with DVD Catalyst it is very user friendly,they have a free version and a paid one for $9.95 which is there full version,not sure what the diference is but it was a piece of cake to use..
Thanks all for the help.