Video Demo Leaks Out Future Google TV Features; Voice-Activated Remote Control & More

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Oct 15, 2012.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

How does controlling your TV with your voice instead of a traditional remote sound? Supposedly that may be exactly what the next iteration of Google TV may bring. A video demo of features for the next version of Google TV leaked out temporarily, but before it was yanked folks got to see some of Google's plans for the future. Probably the most stand-out new feature is full voice-control for the product. Here's a quote with some of the details,

One other interesting feature was teased, the video also demoed tablet connectivity. This would basically allow a Google TV to relay content over to a smaller display on your tablet, like SmartGlass.

Although Google TV has been mostly a fledgling flop (as far as sell-through numbers are concerned), it's great to see that Google hasn't given up on it, and that it may, in fact have a very bright future. Who else is looking forward to this?

Source: Google TV v3 teaser: More Effective Voice Search
  2. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

Sounds really cool, but I'm guessing many of these features won't work on the older google TV's, ie: Sony 40 inch as they have no mics.. But I guess it wouldn't be hard to make an adapter for one.
  3. xsylus

xsylus Active Member

Blah, I want a smart TV that automatically mutes during commercials and un-mutes when the TV show comes back on. Make a TV that reads my mind. I'd rather push a button on a remote than talk to the TV like a schizophrenic. :crazy:
  4. Crankintopwater69

Crankintopwater69 Well-Known Member

Why do I feel their not gonna make adpters for older tv's,but make us buy the lastest and greatest.
  5. Crankintopwater69

Crankintopwater69 Well-Known Member

You mean to tell me,you would mute,"Ive falling and I cant get up."or"Clap on,clap off.":D
  6. marleyinoc

marleyinoc Member

I use able remote and it allows voice control like channel 809, etc. I don't use it that often, though.

My remote (for Sony gtv) has a hole in the bottom--I always thought that was a Mic but never tried it.

-Bionic 6.7.247 via HoB
  7. kodiak799

kodiak799 Well-Known Member

Or how about just sound normalizing? If the suddenly much louder commercials aren't enough, I often find myself watching programs/movies where you have to turn way up to hear voices (and I have a good speaker surround system) and then explosions start going off and I'm scrambling to turn it down before my neighbors complain.

Also, I'm not sure if my tv has a USB input (I assume), but I wonder if someone couldn't rig some sort of dongle or special USB with a mic that you could plug-in and have android on your tv. I'm sure there's already something like this out there.
  8. Shadez

Yea I use Able also, works great.. guess we see what happens,
  9. Shadez

That's exactly what I was thinking...